Volvospeed Forums

Vms Fuel Pressure Regulator

TorqueSteer

Im looking into ordering the VMS FPR http://www.volvomotorsports.com/volvo1/cat...04d5cac5f071e5a

Im hoping that being able to play with the fuel pressure will allow me to lean my mixture a bit, as im running low 11's in the AFR even at 20 pounds of boost on the speedtuning chip. Just wondering what your guys thoughts are about their new product.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FPR is about the crudest way to control fuel, and is not precise at all. ECU tuning is obviously the best way. For the cost of a decent FPR you can get a remap that will be able to maintain a perfect AR across your entire powerband, not a hit or miss solution.

Im looking into ordering the VMS FPR http://www.volvomotorsports.com/volvo1/cat...04d5cac5f071e5a

Im hoping that being able to play with the fuel pressure will allow me to lean my mixture a bit, as im running low 11's in the AFR even at 20 pounds of boost on the speedtuning chip. Just wondering what your guys thoughts are about their new product.

I am currently running a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator and Let me tell you I am running so rich you can smell it on the plugs. Mine however is not adjustable. I wish I would have gone adjustable. It would have made life alot easier. We are sending one of these to Michiel Nouwens for his vms motor which should help him get the fine fuel to air ratio that can help him out with his 500+hp project.

I am currently running a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator and Let me tell you I am running so rich you can smell it on the plugs. Mine however is not adjustable. I wish I would have gone adjustable. It would have made life alot easier. We are sending one of these to Michiel Nouwens for his vms motor which should help him get the fine fuel to air ratio that can help him out with his 500+hp project.

Thank Aaron,

This weekend I am swapping engines in my 2 T5's... ;-)

Very very exiting...

FPR is about the crudest way to control fuel, and is not precise at all. ECU tuning is obviously the best way. For the cost of a decent FPR you can get a remap that will be able to maintain a perfect AR across your entire powerband, not a hit or miss solution.

I hoping to go to the Civinco Engine Management in the near future if all goes well, so im looking for a temporary solution to play around with while I have the speedtuning ecu.

so it's a rising rate FPR?

it is a fully adjustable up to 85psi with the tubing ect to mount it any where you want.

I hoping to go to the Civinco Engine Management in the near future if all goes well, so im looking for a temporary solution to play around with while I have the speedtuning ecu.

Oh and I forgot to tell I had a stock ecu. so you could use it with your ecu you have know wiht no problem.

Thank Aaron,

This weekend I am swapping engines in my 2 T5's... ;-)

Very very exiting...

Good luck, if you have any questions about anything Gives us a call or pm me.

I would say not to waste your money or time.

I installed a RRFPR and I find that the O2 sensor will send a rich or a lean signal to the ECU and the ECU will just adjust to keep the air fuel ratio around 14.7:1.

I found that it's very quick learning too, in a matter of seconds.

I'm working on a way to adjust the ratio in a novel way. At a preset MAF output voltage, disconnect the O2 sensor and the "limp home mode" should be richer then you would want. To adjust the rich condition I will next feed the MAF input to ECU as a lower false input. If this false voltage is adjusted based on a custom map, then the ECU will give the required results.

I have the circuit drawn out just waiting on some electronics. I should have it running within a month.

You don't have the "typical" setup. 95% of the people asking about this upgrade have a relatively stock engine with minor mods and a chip. For them the FPR is a waste.

Archived