Volvospeed Forums

"Project 6"

ultra_runner

Some of you may have heard this already but I just officially kicked off this project. To put the M66 six speed into a '97 850. Top that with an engine build up that will hopefully push past 500 HP.

So - Started the engine pull this week and I got the auto tranny off. Here are some pics, hope we can make this a running thread. I'll accept pic requests if they are within reason.

DSCN2046.jpg

Almost there. Also made sure there was plenty of ice cold beer within reach for this project!

DSCN2049.jpg

OUT!!!!

DSCN2050.jpg

So here they are - side by side with auto on the left and M66 on the right. Notice the bolt pattern is very similar but the M66 as a few more. I also found that both are 13.5" in depth which calms my fears a bit about getting the sucker in there... but we're not home free yet. <_<

DSCN2058.jpg

Notice the depth is the same. This is the best pic I could take to show the equal depth.

DSCN2063.jpg

See on the M66 (right) those two circles off center to the right? That whole section creats one big "hump o' metal" that you don't see over on the automatic. If ANY where is going to be a problem , this is going to be it. :unsure:

f429b145.jpg

Just getting started and the target is to have everything (engine included) by May. So no more BBQs until then - OK???

Scott C.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do I get to 500+???? Just bolt on Jesse's downpipe! Just kiddin'.

Combination of engine rebuilt while port and polishing everything, Garrett GT3076R, and ECU tuning, etc. Plan on runing 22-23 PSI. NOS would only be a last resort if the numbers come up short. Problem might be keeping the tires on the pavement.

This is not a daily driver and only taken on as a project, so if it blows up - I'll be out a few bucks... that's all.

Alex - how your gonna get first ride? You're moving to the So. Cal crew!!!!

Scott C.

Archived