Volvospeed Forums

Volvomotorsports Vms

tendency

This is ridiculous:

- 12/2/05 (Friday) order VMS RIP kit ($390). Receive auto-generated email confirmation of purchase.

- 12/7/05 (Wednesday) after receiving no further word from VMS, and no kit, I've tried contacting twice via email to obtain status of purchase. Received no replies.

- 12/8/05 (Thursday) Finally attempt to contact Terry via VS PM and receive a reply. Oh, by the way he tells me, part of the kit is on backorder (gee, thanks for getting back to me with that info - not)

- As Terry is having trouble w/ his supplier I'm not too upset at this point (am, however, not pleased that my credit card has been charged for kit though no product was shipped - not good.)

- 12/23/05 No word on kit. Once again I contact Terry. He says hoses should be in on 12/27. Getting somewhat upset about lack of progress communication from Terry.

- 12/29/05 Contact Terry once again. Says he expects hoses now on 12/30. It's not that I'm particularily upset about the kit being on backorder, rather, that lack of communication about this upfront, the lack of ongoing communication about how long it would take, and the fact that my CC was charged right off the bat.

- 1/5/06 Contact Terry once again. Finally says product is ready to ship and I'll be receiving tracking numbers. All right I think. Overnight or two day is what I'd expect after all this delay. How is product shipped? Ground.

- 1/11/06 Kit finally arrives. Looks good but I'm concerned about weld quality. Proceed to spend 2 hours attempting to fit top tubes. Finally PM Terry. Oh he says, I noticed *after* shipping that the upper tubes were measured incorrectly on my S70. Hmm I think, why wasn't this tested on at *least* one 850?! Terry agrees to replace upper tubes and hoses (clamps that were supplied with kit crushed tubes).

- 1/18/06 No word or replacement parts from Terry. PM once again.

- 1/19/06 Terry says he'll ship them today. What?! why so long. Ok, PM back that I expect these to be overnighted. Later today receive email with UPS tracking number. Much to my dismay replacement parts being shipped..ta da! GROUND.

grrrrrr :angry:

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My story is almost identical to yours, except I ordered mine on Dec. 5th and I still don't even have my kit yet :angry: He called me about two weeks ago to ask if I had received it yet.

I'm like "duh what?"

"Oh, well Aaron was getting pm's from one guy (me) and I was getting pm's from another guy (must've been you Tendency) ... the hoses finally arrived and I'll ship it out right away"

Two weeks later and I'm still waiting :monkey:

Oh yeah, he told me they redesigned the top tube from a single tube to two tubes. I'm thinking "great ... no wonder it's taking so long, now it probably won't fit, and it's not what I thought I was getting".

I'm ever so thrilled to hear about how your's doesn't fit.

My story is almost identical to yours, except I ordered mine on Dec. 5th and I still don't even have my kit yet :angry: He called me about two weeks ago to ask if I had received it yet.

I'm like "duh what?"

"Oh, well Aaron was getting pm's from one guy (me) and I was getting pm's from another guy (must've been you Tendency) ... the hoses finally arrived and I'll ship it out right away"

Two weeks later and I'm still waiting :monkey:

Oh yeah, he told me they redesigned the top tube from a single tube to two tubes. I'm thinking "great ... no wonder it's taking so long, now it probably won't fit, and it's not what I thought I was getting".

I'm ever so thrilled to hear about how your's doesn't fit.

Ouch. That's just not right. Wait till you try to fit the lower intercooler to throttle body tube - it's ahh, an adventure - and I'm still not convinced mine will fit with out having to reroute the lower radiator hose.

Oh, you're kidding me ?!?!

Yeah ... I'm about this >< close to telling Terry to credit the charge on my card, which happened on 12/6 by the way, and keeping his imaginary, non-fitting rip kit .

Oh man. Reason #412 that I haven't bought from VMS.

No offense but I have yet to see any real reason why I should support VMS.

We're waiting for a friends engine here in Richmond, it's only been like 3 months or something and they're no closer to being done than they were months ago. Need the engine, FMIC, Turbo, manifold, everything, and it was supposed to have been here weeks and weeks ago, yet we still have seen....you guessed it....NOTHING!

Not only that but almost all of the products are overpriced.

On top of it, no offense to the guys at VMS but, I have yet to see a single one of them type a complete coherent sentence. Sorry but, thats just flat out unprofessional and is NOT very good business practice.

The only thing I'd consider getting from VMS are their rods they are now selling for a good price. I'd be afraid they'd break but someone else makes them.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but, you either need to really really hammer out the product before release, and for gods sake if you can't pull that off, ATLEAST HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Archived