Volvospeed Forums

What Would You Do

rodrigo

So, a while back I met this girl. I go to this quiet European-type bar to get expresso almost everyday, and the first I time i saw her, which was the first day she started working there, I couldn't keep the eyes off her. So we eventually, over the course of a few days , begin talking, ad talking some more, and we eventuall yplan on going some place to hang out for a quick drink and lunch.

So the more I talk to her the more I am hooked on her. We have, surprisingly, a lot of stuff in common, and things are progressing as they 'should' ;) despite her not liking the wagon too much. :rolleyes:

So last weekend we spend the day in NYC...Museums and dinner in Astoria. Everything goes well...then she tells me: " Yeah, I have to go back home in March...I moved heaven and earth to get 3 months off from work, and I can't really stay any longer..."

In two months she's gone... :(

...Just venting since I can't get the situation out of my head

I will also post another pic...some of you may have already seen it:

55254208.monica.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two months is a long time. Use it. You would be foolish not to. If you still sure shes the one follow her back for some time. See how you function in her world. If you still think she is the one make up your mind then... not now. Its not where your from its where ya at.

It was quite shocking when she told me, but I think I kept inside pretty well.

quickie marriage and divorce FTW!

Sorry, Kev...can't say I'm with you on this one.

Two months is a long time. Use it. You would be foolish not to. If you still sure shes the one follow her back for some time. See how you function in her world. If you still think she is the one make up your mind then... not now. Its not where your from its where ya at.

Yeah...I am going to try and make use on the 2 months left without seeming overburdening. I am super busy with frreelence projects and regular work, but I will have to deal, as I do not come accross someone like this very often. As far as following her back...not sure how I would do in Lima (Peru). Wnder if there is a lot of Architecture there...

Oh oh an area I actually know something about. For love or money! The classic opt if money..... I had the same problem in '98. I'll give you a hint. I'm alone and she now makes over 400k a year ><

convince her to stay, just try and see, unless you want one of those super long distance relationships.... they do work, my wife lived in Spain and I was here... she moved back here and we got married

BOOOOO!!!!!!

well, what is she thinking? have you talked? does she want to go back? can she work here? so many questions!

remember... everytime you meet someone new, and they're all great and wonderful, and smell of fresh flowers... and you make all these knee jerk life decisions, because you're all high on her... things rarely work out that way.

/cynic.

I think Chuck's right. Two months is a while, see how things are progressing. Where's she from, anyway? LD relationships can work if you're committed to them, if she goes back to her home-country and you stay here.

Another question you gotta ask, does she know how you feel about her, and does she feel the same?

well, what is she thinking? have you talked? does she want to go back? can she work here? so many questions!

remember... everytime you meet someone new, and they're all great and wonderful, and smell of fresh flowers... and you make all these knee jerk life decisions, because you're all high on her... things rarely work out that way.

/cynic.

I agree with you on that...it is new, and it does smell of fresh flowers ( ;) ), and I probably am high on it, but I think it is because I see my chances of it as fairing pretty well...it's one of those things where I wish I had more time to know about her and then be able to make a decision...but I do still have 2 months to gather some sort of conclusion.

You so shed reality on the light, however. This is why I posted...all opinions (within reason) are welcome.

Thanks Kev.

I think Chuck's right. Two months is a while, see how things are progressing. Where's she from, anyway? LD relationships can work if you're committed to them, if she goes back to her home-country and you stay here.

Another question you gotta ask, does she know how you feel about her, and does she feel the same?

She is from Lima..in Peru. I have not yet told her how I feel, but there have been implications. She does look to eventually come to NY and seek employment...and I look to move back to Portugal and start a business...

Oh oh an area I actually know something about. For love or money! The classic opt if money..... I had the same problem in '98. I'll give you a hint. I'm alone and she now makes over 400k a year ><

BOOOOO!!!!!!

booooooo you! :ph34r: you'll always have Volvo.. I'm not sure if that's a good thing

It worked out for me, but I had gotten to know him over a few years. It was right for me.

Where is she from? Portugal?

Archived