Volvospeed Forums

Stylin Motors Silicon Vacuum Hose Install

Nebor

Got the kit from Stylin' Motors only 2 or 3 days after ordering it. The kit seems to have plenty of hose, has a nice cutter, and the hoses smell like cherry!

So I put the car up on ramps, and go to change the hoses. When I realize how hard it is the get to the hose under the vacuum tree. And then I look and see how hard it is to get to the the CBV valve (basically impossible.) The one on the compressor housing didn't seem so bad to get to, but the others seemed like a bear.

So off the box goes into my pile of Volvo parts. Installation date: someday. :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the kit from Stylin' Motors only 2 or 3 days after ordering it. The kit seems to have plenty of hose, has a nice cutter, and the hoses smell like cherry!

So I put the car up on ramps, and go to change the hoses. When I realize how hard it is the get to the hose under the vacuum tree. And then I look and see how hard it is to get to the the CBV valve (basically impossible.) The one on the compressor housing didn't seem so bad to get to, but the others seemed like a bear.

So off the box goes into my pile of Volvo parts. Installation date: someday. :D

hahaha, thats almost exactly what I did, I just determined it was going to be a PITA, then threw them in my closet, ill do it eventually.

hahaha, thats almost exactly what I did, I just determined it was going to be a PITA, then threw them in my closet, ill do it eventually.

I did get my prancing meese yesterday, that's going to be my project for the day. About to wash the car now.

Oh, and I changed the oil in the Lightning. 8,000 miles on a 2001. The L gets no love.

LOL

i got em quickly (thanks dude) and installed them that day.

the one off the compressor housing was the worst, i don't know what you are talking about!

cbv was easy, as with the wastegate.

i had enough left to to the other solenoid that is clipped to the radiator shroud, and also to do the coolant overflow tank.

sure did get a lot of low rpm boost response back, with a few psi.

it's easy as hell. go do it.

needle nose pliers are the truth... or unijoe has tiny hands :ph34r:

needle nose pliers ARE the truth.

small hands make my wang look bigger anyways.

the truth is i have average size hands (7-8), but i have incredible dexterity.

the cbv is rediculously easy to get too.

i didn't have to take anything off for it, seriously.

for the hose on the compressor housing though, i had to take off the intake piping to the turbo and move it back. easy stuff, get over it.

I could just reach up and grab the compressor fitting from the bottom of the car with the car on ramps.

i was too lazy to pull my car in to the shop and get it up on the lift. why work on ramps when you can work with the entire car above your head?!

put mine on today :D

Well, sort of.

The CBV one wasnt that bad. Just remove the turbo-->intercooler pipe running over the engine to get better access. This was the longest one, and i reckoned this one would "do" the most to replace.

I also changed the one from my Blitz solenoid to the actuator, and I half changed the one running from the compressor housing to the solenoid. As I couldnt get under the car I said "screw it" and just cut off the old hose as short as possible and went silicone from there to the solenoid.

Car has "gained" 2 cm Hg vacuum anyway. Feels good to drive.

Just came home now (3 AM here) and floored it twice on the highway up to 240 km/h, it sounds happy.

i did about 75% of mine today, will be finishing the job when i get a oil trap from either groton or volvo, but its coming along good, what i used to gt to the fitting near the turbo is a set of "forceps", they're long and the lock and hold on, cause i have fat fingers and couldnt get down there with my pliers

Archived