Volvospeed Forums

Lsd, interested people

trance42

I have blown my differential. what a surprise huh? I have emailed the companies that i know of that offer a differential for the m56 tranny.

So far...

Kalmar has said there diff can handle 400 bhp and I'm not sure of the cost. (not strong enough)

Heico said 1590 Eur and 500 ft/lb.

EST quoted 3200-3700 usd for "special order" not sure what usd stands for.

SAM is like 2000 dollars and i haven't asked how much it can handle.

What I am really interested in is a Quaife Differential. So correct me if I'm wrong, from what i gather they do not produce a differential for the m56. I would like to get an idea of how many people are legitimately interested and get a list of names and email addresses going. I am just trying to communicate to quife that there is a demand and maybe fuel the fire in there interest for production. I think its worth a try at least and i don't think anyone else has done this.

If any one has any info to add i would be really appreciative.

Tim

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have blown my differential. what a surprise huh? I have emailed the companies that i know of that offer a differential for the m56 tranny.

So far...

Kalmar has said there diff can handle 400 bhp and I'm not sure of the cost. (not strong enough)

Heico said 1590 Eur and 500 ft/lb.

EST quoted 3200-3700 usd for "special order" not sure what usd stands for.

SAM is like 2000 dollars and i haven't asked how much it can handle.

What I am really interested in is a Quaife Differential. So correct me if I'm wrong, from what i gather they do not produce a differential for the m56. I would like to get an idea of how many people are legitimately interested and get a list of names and email addresses going. I am just trying to communicate to quife that there is a demand and maybe fuel the fire in there interest for production. I think its worth a try at least and i don't think anyone else has done this.

If any one has any info to add i would be really appreciative.

Tim

How much HP is your car making? what were you doing when it blew?

If you don't want to clutter the thread, you can PM me.

very interested, i know atech uses the quaif lsd. so yes they have made them for that trans.

Well, if atech uses quiafe, that means there doesn't need to be any "convincing". Just get a quaife dealer to organize a group buy and you're done.

by the way most quaife lsd list for $1100-$1200, and with a group buy you should be able to get it for $800-$900.

If someone contacts atech and finds out the quaife part number, I will organize a group buy as I am good friends with a quaife dealer.

Well, if atech uses quiafe, that means there doesn't need to be any "convincing". Just get a quaife dealer to organize a group buy and you're done.

by the way most quaife lsd list for $1100-$1200, and with a group buy you should be able to get it for $800-$900.

If someone contacts atech and finds out the quaife part number, I will organize a group buy as I am good friends with a quaife dealer.

Make it so Slater.. 900 US for LSD! ? hottttt

Archived