Volvospeed Forums

Where To Buy Downpipe Flange?

NataSS Inc

Going to be building my own downpipe and need to aquire the right flange to do the job. Is there a specific part # out there for this or do I need to just go into an exhaust shop and ask for part "X"?

I figured I would go after this one on my own since the cost of afterparket ones is absolutely recockulous.

Any info appreciated.

Could just use the gasket as a template and make your own or cut the stock...but you'd have to go 2.5 to 3'' since a 3'' pipe won't fit and allow the bolts on a stock flange, so no scavenging w/ a 2.5'' hole & a 3'' pipe :(

Could just use the gasket as a template and make your own or cut the stock...but you'd have to go 2.5 to 3'' since a 3'' pipe won't fit and allow the bolts on a stock flange, so no scavenging w/ a 2.5'' hole & a 3'' pipe :(

Think outside the box my son!

Going to go straight to "3

try Stans.

t3H h0tn3sS!

But what size do I need? 97 850T5 if that helps.

Only on Conical

I have straight flange and angled flanges in stock in mild. They are 3/8" thick, faced true, with a CNC machined cobore in it for the proper sealing with the mechanical seal on the turbo, as opposed to the "oversize" flanges that others include that do not have the cobore and thus leak.

I have straight flange and angled flanges in stock in mild. They are 3/8" thick, faced true, with a CNC machined cobore in it for the proper sealing with the mechanical seal on the turbo, as opposed to the "oversize" flanges that others include that do not have the cobore and thus leak.

Price?

+1

atpturbo has damn near everything you'd need/want.

Not these. These aren't generic flanges rigged to work. They are CAD designed, laser cut, and CNC machined specifically for the Volvo turbo. Only the few folks making Volvo downpipes are making these flanges at small shops and NOT offering them for sale. I will be supplying them to people that want to build their own downpipe (or have a good muffler shop locally make one) and also supplying thelostartof with them as well. The CNC machining of the mechanical seal cobore is what sets these apart from the other flanges out there. You can barely count the number of companies that use the RIGHT style of flange on one hand - OEM, BSR, VMS, and QBM/thelostartof. Most others use generic flanges that are 100% laser cut to the OD of mechanical seal. It makes the flanges dirt cheap to make, but they don't seal properly. The mechanical seal is on the turbos for a reason. If it wasn't needed Volvo/Mitsu would not have gone to the trouble to make it.

The flange on the left is easy to see the seal (this is not my flange but rather an example to show the machining):

DSC03264.jpg

I will post up pics later tonight. I have the 15G/16T straight flange and the 16T/18T/19T angled flange.

Archived