Volvospeed Forums

Zimmerman Rotors?

volvolove

Are zimmerman Rotors (for a 1996 850 Turbo) Pretty much the same as the volvo rotors? I seem to remember hearing that .... I'd be interested if they are...

Supposedly Zimmerman makes the OEM rotors for Volvo. However, that does NOT guarentee that an aftermarket Zimmerman rotor ia 100% identical to a stock rotor. If you have ever seen a Brembo replacement rotor you will understand what I mean. Brembos are made in like 1 of 3 different countries by 2 different companies. But they are all in identical Brembo boxes because they are licensed by Brembo to use the Brembo name.

hold the phone guys.

is he talking about cross drilled Zims, or regular Zims, as they offer both.

brembos' are oem rotors, and i haven't had any problems.

my zim X-Drilled warped on my 240 after a while....

i have no beef with brembos, and would use them again (regardless, im going x drill, just because next time)

it depends on your driving style primarily. can't beat the wear on brembos for city.

Brembos are OEM on some cars, but if you buy them in the aftermarket like Slater said, Brembos made in country X might not have the same quality control as Brembos made in country Y, so they might be more prone to warpage.

A lot of people like drilled rotors, but the drilling process can create stress cracks, and when they heat up under heavy braking this can make them warp more easily as well. But some people don't have this problem. Even IPD, I think, stocked drilled rotors at one point but stopped and now offer slotted rotors instead due to problems their customers were having.

Archived