Volvospeed Forums

EST Downpipe and Innovate WB install notes

To Miles and George and to a lesser extent Carson and Jake :P

for their help with the DP and WB install last night..... took forever.. but they're in, and all is good! Car is a bit louder, but not deafaning at all, and the Innovate WB is pretty damn cool, the #'s are right were they should be for a stock ECU'ed car..

anywhooooo... thanks again.. Carson might have some pictures...not sure on that one..

PS- anyone who's installed a DP, how long were the Rear 02 Sensor lead wires? cause mine were about 6"

so the Rear O2 is currently zip tied in a safe place uninstalled in the exhaust stream... got 26 MPG on the 10 mile trip this mornin...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how hard was the DP install?

and where' the 18T action =p

i'll tell you this much..

the EST DP bolted up PERFECTLY with the IPD catback.. no welding, no cutting, nothin.. used the clamp that was on there.. i couldn't even belive it..

since my car came from the east coast originally... there were some rusting isses, namely on the SAS injection pump (which currently is just pumping air into the atomosphere, and isn't hooked into the DP at all) and the 02 sensors were a total bitch...

the 18T is waiting for his brother V70R manifold to show up.. then those go in next week...

yeah, the rear o2 wires had to be extended on an 01 C70 that we installed a 3" ZTR Downpipe on yesterday, so we're redoing the downpipe's design. :)

Regardless. Basically we took an old wiring harness out of who knows what car (looked like an sr20) and cut 4 wires off of it, then butt spliced them inline with the factory harness to extend it out. :)

Post pics man!! btw, does that downpipe have a cat?

yeah, the rear o2 wires had to be extended on an 01 C70 that we installed a 3" ZTR Downpipe on yesterday, so we're redoing the downpipe's design. :)

Regardless. Basically we took an old wiring harness out of who knows what car (looked like an sr20) and cut 4 wires off of it, then butt spliced them inline with the factory harness to extend it out. :)

Post pics man!! btw, does that downpipe have a cat?

Nice, thanks for that info J.. i was wondering if that was the simple answer.. :tup:

and the EST DP comes with a removable Test pipe... that's currently installed on the car. :ph34r:

it's not near as loud as i thought it would be... :(

Nice, thanks for that info J.. i was wondering if that was the simple answer.. :tup:

and the EST DP comes with a removable Test pipe... that's currently installed on the car. :ph34r:

it's not near as loud as i thought it would be... :(

It may not be as loud as you want however I'm positive you can hear the turbo spool very well now from at least behind your car. I know for a fact because for one I heard Donstrukes old T5R with est DP and IPD catback stock concical 15g spool from about 20 yards away in front of me with my windows up and me on the gas (stock exhaust at the time). And my spooling was heard from behind me by a first new model GTO going WOT.

It may not be as loud as you want however I'm positive you can hear the turbo spool very well now from at least behind your car. I know for a fact because for one I heard Donstrukes old T5R with est DP and IPD catback stock concical 15g spool from about 20 yards away in front of me with my windows up and me on the gas (stock exhaust at the time). And my spooling was heard from behind me by a first new model GTO going WOT.

oh yes.. in the cabin.. spoolage... reminds me of my old truck.. :( miss it..

...waits for the CEL to appear from the disconnected SAS valve...

there's no valve.. (trust me on that one) and we've been over this, as long as the pump runs when it's supoosed to and it's moving air.. it'll be fine.. Jake has no CEL and his is just hanging there too.

think positive Mark! :P

Maybe the bulb on his dash is burnt out? :D

My car drove for a while with the sas disconnected and no CEL, but then it appeared...i'd clear it then a while later it would return..

You've got a code reader right? :)

haha, nahh, his CEL works! yeah, code reader is handy...

didn't you plumb the SAS back into the DP?

the only reason i didn't put it in, is beacause we lost the 90* fitting to make it happen.. so its' just plugged right now, but i'll more than likely plumb it all in.

Archived