Volvospeed Forums

Front Mount Intercooler Vs. Aquamist Water/alcohol Injection

Front Mount Intercooler vs. Aquamist Water/Alcohol Injection  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better flowing core with good exposure beats a WI system in my book. However just get a nice intercooler do the piping as cheaply as possible and look into a WI system as well! I vote both

Wishful thinking... Using retail figures... I could do a FMIC setup for around $550 with all mandrel bent 2.5" piping and a bar and plate core. An Aquamist 1S system would run me about $530.

I'd go for the intercooler if I had to decide. Nothing to upkeep or breakdown or whatever. Intercooler will work for you all the time water injection of course when you really need it but no benefits at part throttal or anything less than where it's set to spray. Still it's cool to have but an intercooler would be cooler, no pun intended.

You know my opinion, definately an Intercooler, and screw WI, go with the original charge air cooler...nitrous

:ph34r: Me and my piston rings still get along, I don't want to ruin that relationship after only a few months.

It seems so far everyone here is strongly in favor of the FMIC idea, still curious to see what others may reply with.

FMIC duh, would you rather have a bandaid or the proper surgery?

plus you'll be the only the 2nd S70 with it. to my knowledge ^_^

Water/alcohol injection.

If you've seen pictures of 200k miles combustion chambers and piston tops on turbo cars with water injection compared with those that do not...

Unfortunate thing is the stock intercooler probably has a decent pressure drop compared with a nice FMIC, but honestly the water/alcohol injection is probably more beneficial overall. Though you might be in boost triggering it more than most and may become annoyed with refilling ;)

I'm looking into an FMIC, but if I do one it won't cost me more than parts I already have. Same with water injection...

FMIC is my vote.

But, one thing to think about is the HUGE air flow restriction of the stock intercooler set up... water/meth wont fix that, sure it'll bring the temps right down, but as we all know... more air in, bigger bang, bigger push on the piston, bigger push in the back...

I did mine for 500AU so you guys should be able to put somthing together for like 350ish

No clue... the climate here in South FL. is very hot and humid. Just for reference, humidity today is 62% and temperature will be in the 80's. Any advice?

move to the west coast?

kiddding.

fwiw, yesterday was the first warm day here (ya, it was like 67*) and driving around in traffic, the WI + IC really helped the car out. (Much nicer than stock, last summer)

Archived