Volvospeed Forums

Cheap Fmic Conversion..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice job Johann. do you have the part number for the volvo bracket/pulley?

Bracket = 1270598

Pulley = 9458470

Bolt for Pulley = 965186

Cap for Bolt for Pulley = 9125572

Also needed are 3 bolts to mount the bracket but the ones I received with it were to short, one pulled half the thread from the acc. plate mounting point.. -->'99 is M8 X 70, 2000 is M8 x 60

acreplpulley1.jpg

acreplpulley2.jpg

...and the question remains unanswered.

Can you just use a shorter belt or do you *have* to run that idler pulley/bracket setup?

and...was the compressor easy to remove???

I'm soo sorry.. ;)

First the AC fluid needs to be removed. Then a few hoses and pipes need to be removed from the pump, the condensor and the evaporator. Some are inbus bolts 6 mm, for other connections a special Volvo removal tool is needed.

I needed to loosen the ECU box to take the 2 metal pipes out leading from the front to the firewall.

A small puzzle but very doable.

The pump is bolted on with 4 large bolts and after removing the belt it can be pulled from the engine.

I couldn't find a small belt suitable to run far enough around the alternator pulley, with a small belt it will only touch 1/3 of the circumference so the alternator will slip when power is needed. Also I think the way the tensioner is situated it is a no go. The extra pulley makes the belt run more than 2/3 over the alternator pulley. I think the non AC belt is different from the one used with the AC pump, not sure.

Very cool man, I don't think I could handle not having the AC during those hot summer month of New Jersey, yea... July really gets ya. Def. a good mod for someone that dosen't mind just crackin' the window instead of AC. So, your not runing the pump... HP saved. Direct air to IC, horsepower gained. Lightened... sounds great man.

Archived