Volvospeed Forums

Strictly For My P2s

I had my OEM headlights laying around and figured I would take a shot at the e-code issues for the P2s. Option one is easy. Buy e-coded. So about 900 for non-hid 2200 for hid. Option 2, pull the orange reflector and leave the hole. Cost about.... umm... free. Or my option III. Total cost with sandpaper 31 dollars. Total time just under 5 hours.

http://www.volvospeed.com/Mods/s60r_v70r_euroheadlights.htm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!! SIMPLY AWESOME!!! I take it you did it on your own instead of a bodyshop? How much bodyfiller should I buy for a job like this (2 headlights)?

Pint should do it easy. I had gallons laying around so...

If your good, 1 pint filler, 1 piece 150 grit, 1 300 grit 1 600 grit and 1 can of paint. If your good dont worry about glazing puddy. If you suck spend the 2 dollars and save your self some headaches and several hours.

Pint should do it easy. I had gallons laying around so...

If your good, 1 pint filler, 1 piece 150 grit, 1 300 grit 1 600 grit and 1 can of paint. If your good dont worry about glazing puddy. If you suck spend the 2 dollars and save your self some headaches and several hours.

Thank you sir! I'll have to try this with the spare headlight I have laying around from a non-R bixenon.

by the way, what's paint code 932 and where did you get it? Also, did you shoot clear of the bezel? I got my bezel out of the busted headlight out (man, that glue is a freaking PITA!). How did you do the ecode notch? Did you eyeball it?

Gotta get the filler and putty tomorrow.

i know its against the rules but this is such a rockiing deal i'll deal the rest later.

if a p2r person would wont to try this and didn't want to risk ruing there heads they could just get these.

rocking deal

edit, chuck looks great. nice job.

mike

Oh wow, that whole area was a big reflector... I didn't even realise it till I looked at that auction. Looks great chuck. Glad you went with the Anthricite!

by the way, what's paint code 932 and where did you get it? Also, did you shoot clear of the bezel? I got my bezel out of the busted headlight out (man, that glue is a freaking PITA!). How did you do the ecode notch? Did you eyeball it?

Gotta get the filler and putty tomorrow.

Looks awesome Charles. Surprised that the headlights are held with glue, unlike some newer headlights that are epoxy'ed together. Heatgun idea seems great, better than making in the oven.

s60euro_fin4.jpg

Sorry, don't follow. Was the picture to be an answer to my questions? Another question to add: Did you sand down the whole piece before paint? Mine's pretty slick and high gloss, I wonder if just laying a coat of paint down will adhere.

Woot! Here's what I gotta work with. You're an inspiration Charles!

img10306db.jpg

img10252xw.jpg

Sorry, don't follow. Was the picture to be an answer to my questions? Another question to add: Did you sand down the whole piece before paint? Mine's pretty slick and high gloss, I wonder if just laying a coat of paint down will adhere.

Woot! Here's what I gotta work with. You're an inspiration Charles!

Step 4

4. With all the sanding and filling, the new improved bezel must be repainted.  Choose a paint that is suited for both plastic and reasonably high heat.  I opted for paint code vol932.  Before painting be absolutely sure there are no pin holes in the filler.  If there are, a glazing puddy can be applied.  Scuff the entire bezel with 600 grit sandpaper and once again wipe off any excess dust/oil with a rag soaked in alcohol.

;) so yes sand them down. As for vol932 its the paint code for the Titans and Pegs ;)

Volvoo homage if you will. Taken it back to the old school.

Sweet! Now to find the paint code for silver so that I can match it to the R trim. Did you use clearcoat once painted? I can't wait until tomorrow!!!

No clear coat. Clear will make them kinda shiny. If thats what you want go for it.

Archived