Volvospeed Forums

Diy Immobilizer Antenna Ring Replacement

3p141592654

I have a very intermittent start then immediate stall problem with my 2000 V70, and the problem is slowly becoming more prevalent. Its now about once a month. Can I replace the immobillizer antenna ring myself, or does it require software download after install?

I have a very intermittent start then immediate stall problem with my 2000 V70, and the problem is slowly becoming more prevalent. Its now about once a month. Can I replace the immobillizer antenna ring myself, or does it require software download after install?

It is a pretty easy install if I remember correctly. I dont think there is a software upgrade either.

Just did mine two weeks ago. No software update needed. You will need a phillips screw driver and a standard too. You take off the trim panels from around the column first. Then remove the two small screws (V40) for the wiper stalk and carefully slide it our of the way. Remove the one screw holding the immobiliser and unplug it. Install is the reverse. The antenna is only like $20.

Archived