Volvospeed Forums

Weitec Scam?

pzorb

Hey guys, I'm Martin from sunny England and am pzorb on volvot5.co.uk

I just took delivery of the Weitec lowering kit, and the shocks are branded as Sachs Super Touring?! People, I can buy all the parts for this kit for around $200 cheaper and it'd be EXACTLY the same stuff.

Has anyone else with Weitecs seen that the shocks in the kit are standard OEM volvo parts? Shocking! ;)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I'm Martin from sunny England and am pzorb on volvot5.co.uk

I just took delivery of the Weitec lowering kit, and the shocks are branded as Sachs Super Touring?! People, I can buy all the parts for this kit for around $200 cheaper and it'd be EXACTLY the same stuff.

Has anyone else with Weitecs seen that the shocks in the kit are standard OEM volvo parts? Shocking! ;)

The last shippent of shocks I had came with the sachs brand shocks, so this is new. I've been discussing this with my distributor and am waiting an answer.

You can see from this pic that the shocks you have and the shocks I recieved with the first US kit are not the same.

IPB Image

You can see from this pic that the shocks you have and the shocks I recieved with the first US kit are not the same.

IPB Image

Haha, my friend I can see that your shocks don't have the Sachs Super Touring sticker on them. I would say that if I peeled off my sachs sticker (still leaving the weitec one above it) I would suggest to you that they would then be *identical* to the ones in that photo. Right down to the cheap OEM sheath that covers the rear shock.

edit: OMG you can actually SEE on your right front shock where the original Sachs sticker was peeled off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, my friend I can see that your shocks don't have the Sachs Super Touring sticker on them. I would say that if I peeled off my sachs sticker (still leaving the weitec one above it) I would suggest to you that they would then be *identical* to the ones in that photo. Right down to the cheap OEM sheath that covers the rear shock.

edit: OMG you can actually SEE on your right front shock where the original Sachs sticker was peeled off!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually, that's a stamp partially covered up by the sticker. I sent you a pm btw. Also, if you put a Koni, bilstein, Sachs shock next to each other, they almost all look similar in the body, usually the difference is on the shaft.

Well have a look at what turned up today people:

IPB Image

Compare this zoomed pic with greg's right hand front shock and decide for yourself:

IPB Image

Like I told you in the PM I sent you, if you think it's a scam, send them back, get your money back. Talk to your distributor or to kw/weitec and let them know you are displeased. I'm sure someone is willing to give you a refund provided you didn't mount them yet. At this point, I don't know what else to tell you.

Like I told you in the PM I sent you, if you think it's a scam, send them back, get your money back. Talk to your distributor or to kw/weitec and let them know you are displeased. I'm sure someone is willing to give you a refund provided you didn't mount them yet. At this point, I don't know what else to tell you.

That's cool man, I have no issues with you :) I'm just saying for the people like me who spent some time researching what suspension upgrades to get that this is my experience of Weitec. Thought you should all know that buying the Weitec F springs and sourcing the Sachs shocks, in my case, would have saved me big bucks and I would have had EXACTLY the same product. I think that's valuable comment?

That's cool man, I have no issues with you :) I'm just saying for the people like me who spent some time researching what suspension upgrades to get that this is my experience of Weitec. Thought you should all know that buying the Weitec F springs and sourcing the Sachs shocks, in my case, would have saved me big bucks and I would have had EXACTLY the same product. I think that's valuable comment?

absolutely.

I'm calling my vendor tomorrow and hopefully will have some Eibach & FSDs in - admittedly for a little more money - but for the $$$s the weitec kit cost me I'm wary of spending less! What do current Weitec owners think of this? A one off? Or have people been doing 'no brainer' upgrades back to OEM? :blink:

I'm calling my vendor tomorrow and hopefully will have some Eibach & FSDs in - admittedly for a little more money - but for the $$$s the weitec kit cost me I'm wary of spending less! What do current Weitec owners think of this? A one off? Or have people been doing 'no brainer' upgrades back to OEM? :blink:

search weitec

they be good

Archived