Volvospeed Forums

Volvo Radio Codes

Owned

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!!

I have S70 T5 and I have lost my radio code. Radio Serial number is V7299322B. Local dealer wasnt so helpful. IF ANYONE HAVE A OPPURTUNITY TO SEND ME MY RADIO CODE I APPRECIATE IN ADVANCED.

Hakan

First off, it would probably help to post this in the Audio/Video section. Second, only dealers can get the radio code as far as I know, it's not something readily available in VADIS...

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest_LadyJanel_*

I have purchased a 94 Volvo 850 Turbo SW. It had some issues from the previous owner's teenagers driving it for about a month before she sold it. One of the things needing replacing is the radio. I found the same radio type in a 94 Volvo 850 Sedan from the local Pick N Pull. I called up our local dealership to see if I could get the radio code and was basically given the run-around and told that I should really let them order one and install it for me -- guess because I am a girl and apparently can't figure out how to install a radio even though I uninstalled the one I want to replace it with.

Can anyone help me by getting the code? The serial number of the radio is E40113673J. It is an SC-810 if that makes any difference.

Also, if anyone needs window regulators or some other parts from a '94 850, let me know since the one over at Pick N Pull here is in such great shape to get a few parts off of. I've replaced several things from the donor car but there is still plenty more to go around.

Guest Kyle Bedell

Hey folks, after my 1998 S70 had some electrical problems related to the battery fixed, my radio locked itself and doesn't work anymore. My local dealer wants to charge me for a simple lookup, so I figured I'd try here.

My radio is an SC-813 with the serial VO1030VO250558D.

Thanks!

-Kyle

(can contact me at trokair @ comcast.net [remove spaces])

Hey folks, after my 1998 S70 had some electrical problems related to the battery fixed, my radio locked itself and doesn't work anymore. My local dealer wants to charge me for a simple lookup, so I figured I'd try here.

My radio is an SC-813 with the serial VO1030VO250558D.

Thanks!

-Kyle

(can contact me at trokair @ comcast.net [remove spaces])

Contact the manager and tell him you'll be notifying Volvo Cars NA about that. If he knows anything, he'll be more than willing to have the code looked up.

• 1 month later...

Quick question: Do you have to put the right code in 3 times in a row? I got my radio code, messed up the first time, turned off then on, it read "Rpt" and so I put in my code again and said repeat again and I put it in again and now it says off. Because I messed up the first time I have to wait another 3 hours?

I guess it must not have been the original radio. The guy at the dealership gave me a printout of my car info. Nice guy. So I guess I need a serial number? Will they do that at the dealership too? BTW, I also got it to work for about 15 minutes by holding 6 as I turned it on. Then it just turned off again.

I guess it must not have been the original radio. The guy at the dealership gave me a printout of my car info. Nice guy. So I guess I need a serial number? Will they do that at the dealership too? BTW, I also got it to work for about 15 minutes by holding 6 as I turned it on. Then it just turned off again.

They should, if not, there's a few members here that work for Volvo and are usually happy to help out.

I've never heard of that trick you used, pretty interesting. Let us know what radio you have so we can have a few people test it out. :)

Guest Richard Harvey

I have a factory Volvo radio I bought on-line and cannot get the code.It is a cr-718 the serial number is b2234161c,the part number is 3533164-1.

Any help would be appreciated.

E-mail address is cedarcove45@aol.com.

Thanks

Richard

Archived