Volvospeed Forums

1999 V70 Hesitation, Misfire Code, Tried Everything!

mybird67

This spring I bought a 1999 V70 with 98,000 miles. It is the first manual transmission car I've brought home that my wife actually likes, so it is important that I find a solution to this problem so we can keep it. The car has developed a hiccup or hesitation that is random and intermittent. It has caused the check engine light to come on after doing it several times. The code reads that one or more cylinders has misfired. We have changed the plugs, the wires, and have replaced the rotor and cap - all with OEM Volvo parts. The problem has not gone away. From reading other posts it seems that the coils are next? True? What else do I check, and in what order?

Very frustrating, this is our first Volvo and we are very predisposed to like it...would be a shame if the first one turns out to be the only one!

Thanks!

Not sure coils are a common problem but it could be the problem here. Have you checked the injectors and all that for leaks or what have you? Seamus probably knows what is going on with this. Never heard of this problem myself.

So you have a 98 with a random missfire P0300 I assume...and you used OEM parts are you SURE they are OEM cap and rotor and no Bosch plats? If so and it's a turbo car perhaps you need a better quality fuel or a total extreme possibily I have only seen it once... a bad crank sensor in the bell(that is on the extreme end) ;)

Guest Jim Kuson

This spring I bought a 1999 V70 with 98,000 miles. It is the first manual transmission car I've brought home that my wife actually likes, so it is important that I find a solution to this problem so we can keep it. The car has developed a hiccup or hesitation that is random and intermittent. It has caused the check engine light to come on after doing it several times. The code reads that one or more cylinders has misfired. We have changed the plugs, the wires, and have replaced the rotor and cap - all with OEM Volvo parts. The problem has not gone away. From reading other posts it seems that the coils are next? True? What else do I check, and in what order?

Very frustrating, this is our first Volvo and we are very predisposed to like it...would be a shame if the first one turns out to be the only one!

Thanks!

The 1999 v70 has no cap and rotor----what's up?

Archived