Volvospeed Forums

M56h Transmission Fluid?

asingerucd

Heck, I've put Mobil 1 ATF and Redline D4 "ATF" in my E46, all was an improvement from the stock factory "lifetime" fluid. I doubt Mobil1 will hurt the syncros.

I just put mobil1 full synthetic 5w-30 in my tranny today after my swap.. its what was recommended my my boss(mechanic) and the dealer to take care of synchro problems... it ran great and shifted smooth.. I say shifted smooth bcuase now my clutch want disengage :(

2.2 liters

also, I picked up 3 liters or pints or whatever it was of Valvoline 80-90 blue oil or 85-90 blue oil....whatever the semi synthetic is.

Ask Jason or Raf or Mike or Ash or John or pretty much anyone that's driven the car....shifts are smooth as buttah

you could use a redline synth fluid.... as long as it meets hte standards of the volvo fluid it's chill.

+1. Redline MTL (70-80W) is the recommended grade for the M56H according to Redline UK when I emailed them.

Before running MTL, I used synthetic motor oil in my tranny but flushed it out and replaced with MTL. MTL is a lot better during cold starts. Been running on it for almost a year and no problems.

I just put mobil1 full synthetic 5w-30 in my tranny today after my swap.. its what was recommended my my boss(mechanic) and the dealer to take care of synchro problems... it ran great and shifted smooth.. I say shifted smooth bcuase now my clutch want disengage :(

Probably because your throwout bearing is toast.

Archived