Volvospeed Forums

Long Winter Of Mods...

Marlboroman

Well, since my engine kinda gave up after this summer...

850vaggsvart.jpg

(one full throttle revving left the stain on the wall :(

...i had to pull it out

850061012.jpg

8500601162.jpg

The plan is to rebulid the whole engine. I'm aiming for 350hp, we'll see how that works out. That work has alredy started. And while i'm at it, im going for some othert "minor" modifications like a new front bumper, this one:

vo850501044.jpg

(something i miss on this forum is a dedicated part of the forum for projects, or have i missed it?)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice man. Haven't had a project forum in the time I've been here... is a cool idea tho.

Did that actually melt part of the wall? No, thats not possible. Thats all soot right?

what are the fender plans?

If that's your garage, that's awesome! Mine is the driveway, and barely a driveway at that. But then, this is southern California and it's 75 degrees out today.

Not quite like Svvvvvveeeeeeeeden. But I'd hate to walk that tile floor with a mixture of engine oil, coolant and other liquids on it... Talk about slippery...

56k no way? There's like 4 pictures :P besides.. who really has a 56k connection these days.

Anyways.. lets get some specs on the motor? What turbo? intercooler? tuning? clutch? etc.. we need some details man!

I was planning on putting up more pictures from the beginning, but forgot to change the topic...

The garage i fully tiled, and there are a couple of wells.

Plans for the fenders... I dont really know. I have been wondering about some diffirent ways to go, but have yet to decide.

Engine specs:

19T

Japan exhaust manifold (ported)

N/a cams

Ported intake

Autotech 40mm intercooler

465cc injectors

RN crankshaft

SPM H rods

Stock oversie pistons (81,4mm)

RS4 clutch

..and maybe port the head, i have yet to decide on that issue

As for the stain on the wall, it's some sort of soot and oil combo...

8500610254.jpg

Bearings i wont be using again... Iv'e had some lubrication issues during the summer, witch ultimatly lead to this teardown.

850061117.jpg

New and old piston, and i soaked the old one i de-greaser a couple of times before the pic was taken... Kinda soot-y...

• 1 month later...

850070124.jpg

Engine on it's way back together. The rn-crank is in, the block is bored out to 81,4mm and the crankhouse (? - directly translated since i dunno what you call it) have gone through some milling to reduce crankhouse compression. It's a bit of an experiment since im using ceramical(!) main bearings and stock rodbearings (i'm maybe going with ceramical rodbearings too, depends on the pricetag since i have stock ones laying aruond.

Archived