Volvospeed Forums

P1550 Code

ACES70

I recently got a check engine light. Its P1550 "manufacturer controlled speed metering" or something close to that. Any ideas as to what might casue this? I just got some new rims and tires and I was thinking that maybe the larger size would throw off the speedometer. Could this be the case or is it something else?

I recently got a check engine light. Its P1550 "manufacturer controlled speed metering" or something close to that. Any ideas as to what might casue this? I just got some new rims and tires and I was thinking that maybe the larger size would throw off the speedometer. Could this be the case or is it something else?

whacky024.gif lol

that would more then likely be the speed sensor on the transmission , if you change tires the car has no way of knowing , if I remeber correct you speed is told to you off the revolutions on the transmission and more then likley that sensor , its on the top of the transmission and is pretty easy to change , not 100% sure of location although

Guest Guest_Chilled Man_*

is the abs light on?

you dont have a speed sensor for the speedo on the transmission!

hmm then how does that work I always thought there was one ?

vehicle speed is aquired through the ABS module by averaging the front 2 wheel speeds, then sent to the network to the ECM, instrument cluster, ect

uh duh why didnt I think of that :blink:

so instead of the sensor being bad off the transmission it would be the sensor of the wheels?

ahh heres a great link :)

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?s...c=68789&hl=

I've got the same code +ABS light so if you figure this out, it'd be great ;)

whacky024.gif lol

that would more then likely be the speed sensor on the transmission , if you change tires the car has no way of knowing , if I remeber correct you speed is told to you off the revolutions on the transmission and more then likley that sensor , its on the top of the transmission and is pretty easy to change , not 100% sure of location although

Lol<- PWNED

basically the code means the ABS module either lost communication or there is a fault in either front WSS's.

You need to get a scantool to access the ABS to really diagnose it.

or just guess and say its the ABS module like everyone else does

Well I havent had any more trouble out of it, and if it is the ABS module I have two extras sitting around.

Make sure your speed sensors are seated right. If you put on new wheels there's the possibility you could've hit the wire to a sensor. There's nothing like having your speedo cut out while driving home and having to drive past a police station

Archived