Volvospeed Forums

Aftermarket Parts And A Bad Ebay Seller

Scootdiggity

Hey guys do not buy from this company, i learned my lesson. Back in november of 06 i was looking for a set of ball joints and came across the ebay auction for an unbelieveable price for a set, well 15,000 miles later they failed almost causing a wreck, and they were installed to factory specs by my reputable indy volvo only mechanic. The companies name was deutschepartsusa and they claim to be selling oem parts but the parts they sent were generic with no suppliers name stamped into them like i have seen done on many quality aftermarket suppliers like meyle or trw suspension parts. I was also wondering if we could start a pinned topic on what other suppliers or companies not to buy from and list what types of parts you bought from that supplier, because of quality issues that many have written about. I believe this would help everybody out on here and after reading another volvo mechanics blog on a certain type of well know aftermarket brake pad that almost caused him to be killed, I beileve a pinned topic would save lives and prevent accidents. thanks

Wow. :blink: Are you by chance good friends with Rob (S7013g)? :arob:

Seriously, why come here first to bash the company without contacting them first to work it out? I am assuming this based on the fact you didn't complain about their customer service, just the that you had a part go bad. I've seen their auctions on ebay and they offer a 1 year warranty on the parts they sell. Did you ask them who the manufacturer of the arms was before purchasing? You obviously realized after receiving them that they weren't OEM with the lack of manufacturer stamping and still had them installed. I am also sure you knew paying only $59 an arm they weren't possibly OEM. BTW- Saying they caused you to almost wreck is exagerated, the control arm bushing or balljoint do not just suddenly go bad, you get symptoms of them going bad before they become unsafe.

This isn't anything uncommon with aftermarket control arms, many people here (including myself) have had issues with them. Most vendors will replace them without any problems under warranty if you CONTACT them. It is unnecessary to bash the vendor for the sole reason that a part failed. Try calling them to work it out first. :D

I am using their control arms on my car right now and have nothing bad to say at all, (as of yet). They are very helpful if you ask questions and there customer service is as good as any one out there. I agree with T-5BANDIT, before you call a company trash, ask some questions first. Could have been just one bad part. They have sold alot of parts over E-bay with a near perfect positive feedback.

Archived