Volvospeed Forums

Ipd Stage Iii Kit For 850/v70

MrLorence

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch this video...

What are your thoughts about this kit, and the other products he discusses?

Whats worth is and whats not?

This has been discussed before, but anyway, it's a good kit but on the high side as far as $ goes, you can get everything they offer at @ 1/2 the cost if you are patient and look for deals. ;) I have heard it produces @265whp +/- a little depending on how well maintained your car is.

Of the 5 cars I knew that have it... 3 of them have blown engines. One I installed myself on a friend's car, 80 miles later the car has a blown engine. Kevin's still runs and supposidely so does IPD's test v70.

Really :blink: ? Dang, well as far as putting down 265hp, there are a handful of ppl here that have done it. Just research and a local Vs'er that can give you some good advice.

Of the 5 cars I knew that have it... 3 of them have blown engines. One I installed myself on a friend's car, 80 miles later the car has a blown engine. Kevin's still runs and supposidely so does IPD's test v70.

And CJ's motor too ;)

Stage III is just a pricetag on effeciency of buying from one place, you can get the parts from Volvo and other places if you wanted.

I know 3 of them melted a piston. I'm not familiar with what exactly happened to CJ's?

Sorry, I meant that CJ's motor was still alive (like Kevin's) as they were both tuned at the same time...

I know 3 of them melted a piston. I'm not familiar with what exactly happened to CJ's?

And that V70 in the video looks about as slow as my S70 was stock with a manual boost controller ;)

Is that where the Aquamist comes in, to keep the chambers cooler?

I wonder what specs are really going on there... melting pistons eh? That is something I may have to worry about :(

Rumor has it that the Stage III tune they ship is the exact same tune Kevin's and CJ's cars have, but they are both running Aquamist and that was factored into the tune. Any car without Aquamist with the same tune will run leaner, higher temps, melting, bad things start to happen...? That's only if I'm not a complete moron in my logic which I wouldn't bet against.

Rumor has it that the Stage III tune they ship is the exact same tune Kevin's and CJ's cars have, but they are both running Aquamist and that was factored into the tune. Any car without Aquamist with the same tune will run leaner, higher temps, melting, bad things start to happen...? That's only if I'm not a complete moron in my logic which I wouldn't bet against.

Man if that's the case I have even less respect for TME now <_<

Archived