Volvospeed Forums

Outside Air Temperature Sensor - Hanging Under The Car

I believe there are two temperature sensors under the front of the V70. One of them (driver's side) clips onto the plastic air grill below the bumper. The one of the passenger side I found just flapping in the wind. I can't find any clip or any broken piece of plastic where the sensor may have been attached to. Any idea where this thing is supposed to be mounted? Thanks!

It should be mounted like the driver side one. Its hard to describe what its mounted into. BTW, the passenger side sensor is the air temperature measurement for the climate control, the driver side is for the outside temp reading on the dash.

I believe there are two temperature sensors under the front of the V70. One of them (driver's side) clips onto the plastic air grill below the bumper. The one of the passenger side I found just flapping in the wind. I can't find any clip or any broken piece of plastic where the sensor may have been attached to. Any idea where this thing is supposed to be mounted? Thanks!

The driver's side temp sensor is supposed to go into the hole of the splash guard. But that is a pain, every time you take off the cover, the sensor falls out! So I glued mine to the right side vent next to the fog light - just like on the driver's side.

Klaus

I had exactly the same issue with mine ... Just this random air-temp sensor hanging there once the radiator was out. I can't even remember what i did with it. I should check actually...

I had exactly the same issue with mine ... Just this random air-temp sensor hanging there once the radiator was out. I can't even remember what i did with it. I should check actually...

Please do. I came up with a hack job for now but I'd love to know where it goes. The next time I find a V70 in a parking lot I will try to take a look at it if the coast is clear. I did find a "hole" in the black plastic under the bumper - it looks like something was there previously.

Please do. I came up with a hack job for now but I'd love to know where it goes. The next time I find a V70 in a parking lot I will try to take a look at it if the coast is clear. I did find a "hole" in the black plastic under the bumper - it looks like something was there previously.

That hole is where the unit fits into. You will see the tabs on the sensor that go in there... but sometimes the tab break. So any way you can reconnect it even using thin wire will help. I think you will be amazed how many of these units just hang there and still work ;)

Archived