Volvospeed Forums

Door Leather Unattaching Itself

ssmlauck

I had something familiar to my 850 but on the dashboard,and finally I changed the dashboard. :(

ALWAYS happens on S70's.... my dad has owned 3 of them and all of them did that. I have no idea if its because of the florida heat or what.... or maybe he just got unlucky but even the volvo guys at The Volvo Store in orlando said that it happened on most of the S70's.

I know its heartbreaking :o

...but just know that your not alone on that one.

ALWAYS happens on S70's.... my dad has owned 3 of them and all of them did that. I have no idea if its because of the florida heat or what.... or maybe he just got unlucky but even the volvo guys at The Volvo Store in orlando said that it happened on most of the S70's.

I know its heartbreaking :o

...but just know that your not alone on that one.

Bummer.

Mine's a V70XC/AWD, but sounds like it it's a "70" issue...

I'm in Louisiana, and my first thought was that the heat had caused some sort of glue malfunction, and after reading your reply I'm even more sure that's the problem.

I was toying the idea of getting out there with a syringe and trying to pump some glue in there....maybe need to remove the door panel first so I can apply some sort of pressure the the area until it dries. I"ll post again with results if I get the gumption to do it.

As it is, I just KNOW somebody's gonna push too hard on it or something and pop that bubble. They've already been playing with them. :angry:

Still, you're right--good to know I'm not alone.

If you want it to look like shit, sure!

Best fix is to get R door panels ;)

Wow, that looks terrific. Did you purchase those new or used? Do you happen to have a part # handy and how was install? I've taken the door panel off before and noticed that it seems like the part where the leather unattaches/bubbles is an insert :huh: .

Archived