Volvospeed Forums

Manual Transmission On A 850 Turbo

ThaBigO

I was just curious to see how much it would cost to Install or swap out A AutoMatic Transmission on a 1995 850 Turbo, to a Manual 5 or 6 speed Transmission?? What would be all the parts i need?? Where can i order them?? How much labor would be involved?? Where would be a good place to get it done??

Thanks,

Orlando

Edit::: Also how much of a gain in Performance would you get??

you can find all the stuff at recyclers, there is a big one in california, but i dont remember the name, you will need the tranny,a new clutch kit, the shifter and cables in the box, and the clips for those, you will need the slave cylinder, the fork, new throw out bearing, flywheel, and new bolts for the flywheel clutch set up, the pedal assembly, and all the bolts and nuts for all the stuff, i may be forgetting something, sorry, i cant really remember all the parts. and it really is a big job and alot of work, people are right, if you cant do it yourself the labor will be hell to get it done.

hope this some what helps

Nik

you can find all the stuff at recyclers, there is a big one in california, but i dont remember the name, you will need the tranny,a new clutch kit, the shifter and cables in the box, and the clips for those, you will need the slave cylinder, the fork, new throw out bearing, flywheel, and new bolts for the flywheel clutch set up, the pedal assembly, and all the bolts and nuts for all the stuff, i may be forgetting something, sorry, i cant really remember all the parts. and it really is a big job and alot of work, people are right, if you cant do it yourself the labor will be hell to get it done.

hope this some what helps

Nik

I believe it's called "Volvo and Saab Auto Dismantlers" in Rancho Cordova, CA.

http://www.volvosaabparts.com/

Bill from Adrenaline Racing sent me this email about a year ago when I asked him about, im not sure if he still sells the package thou:

2500 will include all needed

parts. Including transmission(M56H), pedals, shifter

and cables, "R" clutch and flywheel(machined),

axles/driveshafts, slave cylinder and clutch cylinder

with lines. All nuts and bolts etc needed will also be

included.

Archived