Volvospeed Forums

850 Spoiler Install

turbomoose

No drilling required and I hope you got the OEM spoiler. There are clamps on each ends of the spoiler and double sided tape is used to hold the spoiler in position. The wire goes in on the left side where there is a rubber bumper that needs to come out. The connection is made to the wiring through a spare connection in your trunk lid for the spoiler.

Also, new gas prings are needed to support the extra weight of the spoiler.

If it's a used spoiler, you'll need to get the double sided tapes that is part of the mounting kit (#17), or similar 3M double sided tape. If the seller took it off the car properly, the wire connector should be on the end of the harness.

post-16762-1192972755_thumb.jpg

Keep in mind that the 850 spoilers have the light and S70's don't. I'm sure you're already aware of this, but if not, keep in mind that in the 850s you have to connect the light. As far as mountings, I don't have any pics of mine, but I can tell you what's there.

First off, the three contact points (each end and in the middle beneath the light) are secured with double sided tape to the trunk surface. On each end, there is a bracket that holds the spoiler with 1 or 2 T25 (maybe T30?) torx screws and the other end of the bracket sneaks down and secures on to the inside surface of the trunk surface with said torx. The wiring for the 3rd brake light on the spoiler snakes down the driver's side in (in a little grey tube type thing).

Thanks so much for the help gang! And yes, I know the 850 and S70 spoilers are different. I got a lighted spoiler off of an 850. It's supposed to have all of the mounting hardware and the complete connectors for the brake light. I HOPE it's OEM. It looks identical to OEM. I'll find out tuesday.

Archived