Volvospeed Forums

Pioneer Avic-d3

JustFord0099

finally had the chance to install this the other day. It was kind of a hassle to put in becasue theres no actual bracket or cage for it to slide into. So at some point im gonna have to make something to keep it in place better. For now it works great and is everything I expected it to be. B)

sorry for the crappy pics but it gets dark to fast now.

picture009.jpg

picture006-1.jpg

picture003-2.jpg

Did you have to trim down the rails in the middle of both sides of the double din opening? I want to put one of those in my 850 but I'm nervous about cutting out those rails. Any info on your install process would be very much appreciated. Looks great by the way!

I would guess yes, it's really not that bad, I used a hacksaw blade it only took about 5 minutes. You can easily put the stock radio back in and you wouldn't notice the difference.

Did you have to trim down the rails in the middle of both sides of the double din opening? I want to put one of those in my 850 but I'm nervous about cutting out those rails. Any info on your install process would be very much appreciated. Looks great by the way!

I put the D1 in my 850 no problem! I only had to sand down the rails a little bit, and notch the cage to snap over the rails. I can even put the stock radio back in. I wrote a how to thread last year if you search "avic d1 install a new way," it might come up.

Archived