Volvospeed Forums

Brake Pedal Whistle?

Nivag

I have a weird noise that I can't isolate:

Car: 2001 V70 2.4 T auto

Happens when I press the brake pedal as I am slowing down... right after slowing or stopping when I lift off the brake pedal there is a "whistle/ long beeping" noise. It will even continue if I stop, lift off brake and turn car off it will still do it. If I tap or very light press the brake pedal it goes away. If I leave it to run it's coarse, it will last anywhere from 2-6 seconds and slowly soften and then go away.

Brakes are more than 50% left. The sound is coming from under the dash area and I think something to do with brake pedal.

????? anyone heard anything like that?

Gavin

Definately not a hissing... The sound is inside the cabin and seems to be from down in the pedals. It sounds like a long soft beep noise... Closest analogy I can think of is if you took a hydraulic piston and pushed it in and as it slowly released itself it made a whistling sound as it slowly returned to its orig position???

I agree from the description ..you need the notorious booster. Drop the drivers side lower dash cover and put your hand up at the booster rod. Bet it's leaking or the seal has popped out. No you cannot put the seal back in reliably.

<_<

I agree from the description ..you need the notorious booster. Drop the drivers side lower dash cover and put your hand up at the booster rod. Bet it's leaking or the seal has popped out. No you cannot put the seal back in reliably.

<_<

Another classic swedish design :)

Archived