Volvospeed Forums

Greek 850 T-5/hopefully Over 340hp.

Well I started my own project-adventure I would say,because to find and collect the right parts it will be like an adventure.

So last weekend I made the engine into pieces,found some problems that justify my fear for the oil consumpion and the oil smokes.

Later in the afternoon(Greek time)I'll post some(many) pictures.And I'll try to keep thread interesting.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HPIM0250.jpg

One last complete photo

HPIM0252.jpg

My friend who helped me with the engine removal

HPIM0268.jpg

Me...

HPIM0274.jpg

Engine is off!

HPIM0290.jpg

The poor manifold...

HPIM0301.jpg

A photo of the cylinders all of them had lines from top to bottom.

HPIM0302.jpg

The unlucky 4th rod.

HPIM0304.jpg

Compression was going down.

HPIM0307.jpg

The crankcase.

HPIM0308.jpg

Mark on the crank from 4th rod.

HPIM0310.jpg

I cleaned up the block for the beginning.

HPIM0311.jpg

Another view of the cylinders before the machine shop,but I am thinking to buy a new block(1650 euros)

HPIM0312.jpg

The last to the right side is the 4th.

HPIM0313.jpg

Mark from the crankshaft.

So guys these are what I could load for now,as I said I don't have free time(working hours 08.00-20.00) so it will be difficult.

what kind of problems did you find?
One bent rod 4th.The compression from the one side of the piston was going in the crankcase.And the third piston although that the rod was OK it had compression loss.All the rings were worn although they were changed 100.000km before,but it must be from the pistons that started the problem.

I was changing oil and filter every 5000km.But I changed many brands,shell,motul,volvo.5w-40-15w-50-15w-40 synthetic and semi-synthetic.And lately because of the high oil consumption(1lt/800km)I used an oil additive-I don't remember the name it is from USA and had a big difference.Until first 2000km no oil burnt.But when I was raising the turbo pressure at around 1.5 bar,then nothing could stop the consumption,200gr every 150km.You can't imagine what oil smokes where coming out from the engine.I'll try to load a video here to see it.It was really bad thing when the car was shining ang the smoke was like diesel truck's exhaust and the smell like 2 stroke motorcycle.

try not to be alarmed, but I believe your friend might have been under the influence of marijuana when this shot was taken.

HPIM0268.jpg

That is me.I was like this because my eyes are sensitive to the flash.So it was when I closed my eyes. ;)

Archived