Volvospeed Forums

2006 S40 Timing Belt Break!

alberto1

Hello All: Was on my way home from work Saturday eveing when my 2006 S40 T5 FWD manual made a scary noise and my engine shut off. Seem that my timing belt broke at 66,000 miles! Called a few local dealerships and they have told me that this will not be covered under warranty. This seems crazy because my maintenance guide does not call for the timing belt to be replaced until 105,000.

What I want to know is why the belt would have broken so early, and why won't Volvo cover a premature failure. (I know that Saab will). I'm really afraid of what this is going to cost me!

Any thoughts?

Hello All: Was on my way home from work Saturday eveing when my 2006 S40 T5 FWD manual made a scary noise and my engine shut off. Seem that my timing belt broke at 66,000 miles! Called a few local dealerships and they have told me that this will not be covered under warranty. This seems crazy because my maintenance guide does not call for the timing belt to be replaced until 105,000.

What I want to know is why the belt would have broken so early, and why won't Volvo cover a premature failure. (I know that Saab will). I'm really afraid of what this is going to cost me!

Any thoughts?

1.800.64.VOLVO. If you were a customer of my dealership we would be calling volvo on your behalf and I can almost guarantee that volvo would goodwill the repair. If you run into a roadblock with the volvo # find out who the regional rep is and get ahold of them: they call the shots.

so you had to put some energy into steering :lol: at least your engine didn't implode!

:lol: yeah I want to get rid of the PS on the R since the rack is shot and I dont need it

hmm new project to find a belt that will fit just the alternator , tensionr and drive pulley

since I already have the ac jumped out :lol:

Archived