Volvospeed Forums

Cvvt With Wolf V500 Ems?

Hi there i have a 2001 c70 and i will swap on a 2006 S60 t5's B5244T5 engine on it with wolf V500 ems

the basic question i am confused is how to do with CVVT? new engine has one solenoid on each camshaft and i have at least 6 empty outputs on my ems (hi side and low side) to control on the cvvt but i don't have any idea how it works (the timings, at which rpm? fully open or closed? dwell times etc...) How can i do a working map for more performance

and i have no idea on impedences or technical info on solenoids

Does someone tried to use them and what happens if i do not try anything on them ? which power bands they will be more effective or are they only for emmision and economy? Please help me i am really confused bad :huh:

I searched the forum a bit for cvvt the best resource given is these i seen

http://kaminskimik.com/user/image/cvvthowitworks.pdf

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/volvo_workshop-me7.shtml

But i do not understand how can i do a shorter overlap The exhaust must be earlier and the intake must be opened later but how i can control the solenoid to do these?

And what happens if i do not connect anything to CVVT solenoids? :(

I have no idea for mapping and peak and hold impedences on cvvt it is a bit complicated

You may want to just disable the CVVT or at the least convert it back to a phase set up. Never used wolf but most decent ECMs will handle CVVT and VVT right out of the box if you know how to set it up, but phase is a lot easier to tune. I have done a lot of VVT on Vanos but not that much on Volvo. ON the 60 I originally disabled the vvt because on the engine dyno it showed no real gain. In the car with load though the AWD really need the torque so I went back and started to F with it. Easiest thing to do for me was reset the cams and work from there. If you do not connect the solenoids nothing will happen. I would be worried about long term creep but others have done it without any issues. Does wolf have dedicated outputs for VVT or is it using a variable output like a boost solenoid or electric water pump?

Thanks for detailed information Che_Moderator these are so nice for me

Wolf has general outputs but they can be directly programmed as solenoid control or vvt control or also everything else some of them are input-output ones and all the outputs have a 3d mapping avaliability with selected values on graph ex:rpm-load-solenoid position or something

The analog outputs and inputs are fully custom programmable

I will go run them disabled i think

When i go on dyno mapping i may try something to operate if have some gains i may use them :)

Archived