Dtc P1054

micosan

1999 Volvo S70 2.4L 2435cc L5 FI (55), Engine type is B5254S DENSO, Emission J1

Factory –Torslanda, Sweden, Location -Dallas, TX, USA, 80K miles

Could someone tell me what a trouble code P1054 code is? Thanks

1999 Volvo S70 2.4L 2435cc L5 FI (55), Engine type is B5254S DENSO, Emission J1

Factory –Torslanda, Sweden, Location -Dallas, TX, USA, 80K miles

Could someone tell me what a trouble code P1054 code is? Thanks

P1054 must be volvo specific or something... not sure what it could be unless you meant P0154 which is "O2 Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2, Sensor 1)"

http://www.iequus.com/support/obd2_definitions.php

did another search on yahoo, on american cars it seems to be the coolant sensor. sound plausible? hows your temp gauge?

I saw a DTC P1054 for a Chrysler car and it said:

P1054-COOLANT SENSOR & 5V SUPPLY FOR TP SENSOR /

MAP CIRCUIT LOW

The freeze data from the ECU at the time of the trouble code indicated temp of 190 F, RPM 850, VSS 5mph, TPS at 22%. The TPS doesn’t look correct but I don’t have any performance issue at this time. I’ve checked the ECU again for data and everything seems normal except I would think at idle the TPS would be lower than 22%. However, since I don’t know for certain what the P1054 means and the ABS light has been coming on intermittently I’m waiting to see if it displays the DTC again.

I think the ABS is either a loose connection or debris on the sensor or CV ring. I might have dirty the unit when I repaired the CV boot. The ETM has updated software so I don’t think the TPS is caused by an ETM issue.

Thanks for the info.

I saw a DTC P1054 for a Chrysler car and it said:

P1054-COOLANT SENSOR & 5V SUPPLY FOR TP SENSOR /

MAP CIRCUIT LOW

The freeze data from the ECU at the time of the trouble code indicated temp of 190 F, RPM 850, VSS 5mph, TPS at 22%. The TPS doesn’t look correct but I don’t have any performance issue at this time. I’ve checked the ECU again for data and everything seems normal except I would think at idle the TPS would be lower than 22%. However, since I don’t know for certain what the P1054 means and the ABS light has been coming on intermittently I’m waiting to see if it displays the DTC again.

I think the ABS is either a loose connection or debris on the sensor or CV ring. I might have dirty the unit when I repaired the CV boot. The ETM has updated software so I don’t think the TPS is caused by an ETM issue.

Thanks for the info.

Good luck

found this on a Matthew's Volvo Site thread

"I borrowed an OBD-II reader from AutoZone and read the following: P1021, P1054, P1057, and P1081. These all seem related to fuel air metering according to the OBD reader. The guys at AutoZone said it is an O2 sensor. Given that the car has two (before and after the catalytic convertor), how do you know which one to replace?"

Query to 1054 already answered here. If your going to ask and respond too multiple posts on issues please follow up on all posts.

;)

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=95821

:lol: well there you go

if one of wheel speed sensors is malfunctioning you will feel it when you brake, if the signal is low, at around 5-3mph when you are braking you will feel one of the brakes let go because the ABS thinks it is slipping due to no signal or a signal of 0mph when your other wheels are going 5-3mph. this way you can figure out which one is messed up.

:lol: well there you go

if one of wheel speed sensors is malfunctioning you will feel it when you brake, if the signal is low, at around 5-3mph when you are braking you will feel one of the brakes let go because the ABS thinks it is slipping due to no signal or a signal of 0mph when your other wheels are going 5-3mph. this way you can figure out which one is messed up.

Thanks

Query to 1054 already answered here. If your going to ask and respond too multiple posts on issues please follow up on all posts.

;)

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=95821

Sorry if I did something wrong. I didn't intentionally do it. Thanks

Archived