Volvospeed Forums

First Photoshoot With The D80 - Infiniti I30t

Jaxx

Soo... 2nd day with the D80 and I'm still learning. not great shots but they're decent. trying not to use auto focus and get used to manual more. anyway, here they are.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

(this is the only one that is really photoshopped)

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Enjoy! tell me what you think.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you want to charge people for pics like these?

Ouch.

Exposure was off on a few and personally I would have used more bokeh for for ones with the dumpster type background. Not the worst I have seen though. But in his defense black cars are hardest to shoot.

lol, what lens is that? looks like the kit lens. your watermark is a bit tacky :)

lol yeah im trying to figure out a better watermark.

Exposure was off on a few and personally I would have used more bokeh for for ones with the dumpster type background. Not the worst I have seen though. But in his defense black cars are hardest to shoot.

werd. I'm getting used to all the settings and getting the correct exposures I want. I haven't had all this power before. I <3 teh bokeh

no pun intended?

pun intended.

How are you liking the D80?

I've had mine for quite a few months and still don;t know all the settings by memory.

What lens do you have?

And you want to charge people for pics like these?

I won't lie, first thing I thought.

Most of the shots are either under exposed or over exposed. What were you shooting in? Manual, Ap. Priority, Shutter priority, program, or gay scene modes? Please don't say auto.

How are you liking the D80?

I've had mine for quite a few months and still don;t know all the settings by memory.

What lens do you have?

Liking it a lot, I'm like 3 pages into the manual, so I haven't been using it to it's maximum potential. I have the kit 18-55 and also a 55-200. I used the kit lens for most of the shots, but some shots I liked the telephoto end of the 200.

shots look good to me, especially if you're still learning how to use the camera.

but paint swirls and "racing" centercaps FTL

thanks. lol yeah I always get on him about those centercaps.

Most of the shots are either under exposed or over exposed. What were you shooting in? Manual, Ap. Priority, Shutter priority, program, or gay scene modes? Please don't say auto.

shutter priority. I'm still getting used to the whole barrel aspect of the camera, which is why most of the shots were in autofocus. The only time I've shot full auto on the camera is when I was driving and simply didn't want to mess with any settings while trying to drive and take pictures.

Archived