Volvospeed Forums

The New Ipd Hd Turbo Control Valve Review

Last Tuesday I received the new IPD HD Turbo Control Valve for beta testing.

CIMG0077.jpg

The install was super easy, Lucky had numbers stamped into the metal of the unit next to the hose attachments. #1 to this hose and even the hose color. I had replaced my vacuum hoses so I did not have any colors to match but the old unit has color dots to ease any bit of confusion.

CIMG0083-1.jpg

CIMG0082.jpg

Plug and Play Baby...Attach 3 hoses and on plug and slide the bracket onto the stock spot!!!

CIMG0088.jpgCIMG0085-1.jpg

The HD TCV works flawlessly and holds the same boost pattern as before and I feel like the reaction of boost might calculate quicker. So I give it :thumbup: :thumbup: for another great IPD product!! Good job Lucky.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you check IPD's site it says it is only currently for the x70's and newer.

That's because we have a rounded BCS style for the 850/70, newer ones have a square looking one like in the pics above. All you need to do is fab a small braket and walla, you got yourself a new BCS!!

That's because we have a rounded BCS style for the 850/70, newer ones have a square looking one like in the pics above. All you need to do is fab a small braket and walla, you got yourself a new BCS!!

You positive that it only has to do with fitment?

I doubt a BCS from a 1998+ Turbo car would work on a 1994-1997 Turbo car. But I dont know very much.

I doubt a BCS from a 1998+ Turbo car would work on a 1994-1997 Turbo car. But I dont know very much.

Why not, they are both achieving the same goal, just different design styles. You have turbo housing discharge, waste gate and bleed to the intake of the turbo just follow the OEM colors for reference on the Chilton's manual and that's it.

I adapted a Greddy BCS to my car and it works great and that's aftermarket so..

Why not, they are both achieving the same goal, just different design styles. You have turbo housing discharge, waste gate and bleed to the intake of the turbo just follow the OEM colors for reference on the Chilton's manual and that's it.

I adapted a Greddy BCS to my car and it works great and that's aftermarket so..

I understand that. I ASSumed maybe there might have been a difference due to the ME4, ME7, etc. The BCS/TCV does communicate with the ECU, doesnt it?

Would this work on an S80, or many other P2 cars?

Would this work on an S80, or many other P2 cars?

Danny ran one from a 2001 on his 1995 and never had an issue. It will work.

Archived