Looking For An Exhaust

TurboC7098

i have been looking around for what type of exhaust would be best for my 98 c70. i don't know much about them so if you guys could help me find a good place to buy them or what brand you like the best. Is a local exhaust place a good place to look for one?? I could use your guy's help. Thanks Jacob :D

Guest 300+_T5R_855

i have been looking around for what type of exhaust would be best for my 98 c70. i don't know much about them so if you guys could help me find a good place to buy them or what brand you like the best. Is a local exhaust place a good place to look for one?? I could use your guy's help. Thanks Jacob :D

down pipe or cat back?

Best gains are going to be had with a downpipe and high-flow metallic race cat...your best bet is to get it custom-made at your local exhaust shop. Good luck!

Many options, but here are the easy ones.

1. If you have lots of money and don't know the difference between cat-back and turbo-back (w/ downpipe), then get a quote from an exhaust shop for a full 3" stainless steel turbo-back system.

2. If you want to do the work yourself, but don't really know much about the car, and have a fair amount of money then you can get the EST or IPD exhaust.

3. If you are on a budget and want to do all the work yourself and you are able to kind of tinker with the fitment (lower exhaust hangers, reposition some heat sheilds, etc..nothin major), then OBX makes a nice bolt on system. Granted you don't need to pass emmisions, because this kit doesn't have a CAT (catalitic converter), but you can always get one weleded into the test pipe.

Or you can buy a kit and have an exhaust shop install it for you.

Good luck...

The downpipe is the first thing restricting exhaust flow...replace with a bigger dp (3-inch) if you want more powah!!! Next, the cat restricts exhaust flow, replace with a higher-flow/race metallic cat if you want more powah!!! Look for one that will even pass emissions if possible. A lot of people here on VS have been buying this OBX kit:

EX111113m.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-SS-Exha...sspagenameZWDVW

This kit has lowered the price of downpipes, which used to be $700+. Now a whole exhaust (minus emissions-regulated cat) can be had for $$350 + shipping...Make sure you specify a straight-flange dp!!!

PM if you have any more questions...

i did just a catback, and i got a magnaflow 14415 muffler and a twin 2.5 tip. very simple, and i paid 70 for the muffler (from summit racing) and about 35 for the tip. had a shop weld it on for about 160 + some extra piping.

i'm sure if you wanted to do a full exhaust all you would have to do is source a good CAT (which i'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of sources on here) and include that, and boom.... exhaust. ;)

Archived