Obama Nation

prasamin

Obama is showing a subtle racism. Rev. Wright is in the back of his head, he admitted he can't separate himself from his preaching, his wife wasn't "proud" of US until recently, he jumped to a conclusion without the facts about case involving a white police officer and a black man, and Judge Sotomayors comments about wise Latina women vs old white guys, and I just saw something about a "civilian security force as well funded and equipped as our Armed Forces". Sounds like an ACORN version of the Black Panthers.

Obesity costs country 147 billion dollars in health care costs.

Obama smokes, wants to have beer with folks, and nominated an obese woman as the Surgeon General (ironic, huh?). The 3 most damaging behaviors/ conditions in the US. Who's health care is he working on?

No one gets anything for free in this country, someone is paying for it in taxes or fees.

Obama is showing a subtle racism. Rev. Wright is in the back of his head, he admitted he can't separate himself from his preaching, his wife wasn't "proud" of US until recently, he jumped to a conclusion without the facts about case involving a white police officer and a black man, and Judge Sotomayors comments about wise Latina women vs old white guys, and I just saw something about a "civilian security force as well funded and equipped as our Armed Forces". Sounds like an ACORN version of the Black Panthers.

Obesity costs country 147 billion dollars in health care costs.

Obama smokes, wants to have beer with folks, and nominated an obese woman as the Surgeon General (ironic, huh?). The 3 most damaging behaviors/ conditions in the US. Who's health care is he working on?

No one gets anything for free in this country, someone is paying for it in taxes or fees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0yQunhOaU0

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity."

W.B. Yeats - Second Coming, not necessarily political in context but it was also the preface to "Things Fall Apart" by Achebe

W.B. Yeats - Second Coming, not necessarily political in context but it was also the preface to "Things Fall Apart" by Achebe

I will check this out, thanks.

I think Obamas honeymoon is over, and it might implode.

Maybe if we weren't fighting two ridiculous wars universal health care could be afforded. Even still it's a bad idea, and it's unlikely it will ever happen since we are a capitalist society and the pharma and oil companies own congress. We're going no where fast on the topic of universal health care.

I saw a advertisement the other day that was about pro-universal healthcare it was supported by the drug companies. So I don't wonder who is trying to push this through and Its easy to understand why they would want obamas plan.

I saw a advertisement the other day that was about pro-universal healthcare it was supported by the drug companies. So I don't wonder who is trying to push this through and Its easy to understand why they would want obamas plan.

Well if universal health care goes into effect there will be what...at least 50 million new people that will be able to receive benefits and a lot of them are going to need drugs to treat whatever they have.

Well if universal health care goes into effect there will be what...at least 50 million new people that will be able to receive benefits and a lot of them are going to need drugs to treat whatever they have.

and 50 million more that have been duped by drug companies' ridiculous commercials and want to get their dicks up

Well, I am thinking something like this..

Now, that is a bit scary

and 50 million more that have been duped by drug companies' ridiculous commercials and want to get their dicks up

Yet you'll run to your Dr. or pharmacy for script when your in pain, indegestion, athletes foot or have an ailment, huh?

Most of those adds show up when I'm watching shows about guns. LOL.

Not to be one of "those" people, but has there been a birth certificate shown? Lou Dobbs calling Rachel Maddow is pretty funny either way.

From everything I've seen and read, the only thing that he and anyone else has shown/produced is a "certificate of live birth", which basically just proves you were born, it isn't a true birth certificate that is required from us for numerous purposes showing where and when you were born, what time, attending physician's name/signature, certifying seal/stamp and the official certifying it, blah, blah.

There's more and more spin going on about it, still no real proof that would be required of you or I for more mundane things.

By the way, people on either side of this issue can be labeled as "one of 'those' people". :)

Too often, people who have been swept off to the side under such labels are subsequently shown to be the ones holding the truth.

I've also found, over the years (sound like a crotchety old man! :D ), that people who try to disarm someone by labeling them in such ways usually do it to hide their own ignorance, bigotry, or devious schemes, and too often we little peons follow right along with them (me included, I must confess). The old "If I make you look bad, it'll make me look good" tactic.

By the way, people on either side of this issue can be labeled as "one of 'those' people". :)

Too often, people who have been swept off to the side under such labels are subsequently shown to be the ones holding the truth.

I've also found, over the years (sound like a crotchety old man! :D ), that people who try to disarm someone by labeling them in such ways usually do it to hide their own ignorance, bigotry, or devious schemes, and too often we little peons follow right along with them (me included, I must confess). The old "If I make you look bad, it'll make me look good" tactic.

Thats the definition of the "politics of personal destruction", ala Clintonistas.

Look up Saul Alinsky.

Moreover, said Alinsky, whenever possible the organizer must deride his enemy and dismiss him as someone unworthy of being taken seriously because he is either intellectually deficient or morally bankrupt. "The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength," said Alinsky.[79] He advised organizers to "laugh at the enemy" in an effort to provoke "an irrational anger."[80] "Ridicule," said Alinsky, "is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

Complete article

Many of those in the 60's-70's "radical" movements were mentored by the ideas and teachings of Alinsky and his proteges. (I came of age back then, and found myself in the opposite camp.) Quite a number of them are now or recently have been in elected or appointed high federal office (see Wingnut's post above for some of them). BHO, it is widely known, has mentored under or rubbed elbows with at least a few of Alinsky's proteges/followers. Doesn't surprise me to see him do and say the things he does and says.

From the little I've read of Alinsky's stuff, it sure seems to mimic Lenin.