What Should I Do With My Wheels?

TurboC7098

I have a 98 C70 with 17" canistos. I want to get gloss black rims but dont know what i should do. My 3 options are keeping the canistos and getting them powder coated or is it possible to self paint them?? My second option is getting Pegs and doing the same thing as the canistos. The last option is to get different wheels. I am very interested in what canistos would look like painted. If you guys have pictures that would help... what do you guys think??

-Jacob

I have a 98 C70 with 17" canistos. I want to get gloss black rims but dont know what i should do. My 3 options are keeping the canistos and getting them powder coated or is it possible to self paint them?? My second option is getting Pegs and doing the same thing as the canistos. The last option is to get different wheels. I am very interested in what canistos would look like painted. If you guys have pictures that would help... what do you guys think??

-Jacob

don't get piggie pegs. they're too heavy. i like the look, but i'd go with painting your nistos. i refinished the curb damage and painted my nistos:

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

don't get piggie pegs. they're too heavy. i like the look, but i'd go with painting your nistos. i refinished the curb damage and painted my nistos:

I love the look. on both cars. What's the price to fix the curb damage and paint them? And what do you guys think would be the best color to paint them for

a coral red c70??

I love the look. on both cars. What's the price to fix the curb damage and paint them? And what do you guys think would be the best color to paint them for

a coral red c70??

well to fix the curb damage all i did was i got metal filler, put it on the places that had been curbed, and sanded over it to make it smooth, and painted them.

although preparations for painting the wheels took a while... what you want to do is get all the clearcoat off and rough up the surface so you get a good surface to paint on. i just sanded everything, my hands were beefed up by the end of all 4 wheels. some people use aircraft stripper to get rid of the paint, just don't breathe it in. and if you end up doing the whole painting your rims yourself like i did, be safe and usually the general rule is 1 can of primer, paint and clearcoat per wheel. you don't need that much primer though, you can get away with 2 cans, if you even use primer at all.

all in all i spent about 60 bucks on supplies to get my rims the way they are. but as for color, i would recommend a dark graphite color. that would look sick.

hope this helps B)

-Jacob

Those are your only options? Entertain the idea of non-OEM wheels, or wheels intended for the XC90.

Those are your only options? Entertain the idea of non-OEM wheels, or wheels intended for the XC90.

They do make 20's for the 90 now. Shit you can option up to 19's on the XC70 even. I saw them in person yesterday, they are awesome.

well to fix the curb damage all i did was i got metal filler, put it on the places that had been curbed, and sanded over it to make it smooth, and painted them.

although preparations for painting the wheels took a while... what you want to do is get all the clearcoat off and rough up the surface so you get a good surface to paint on. i just sanded everything, my hands were beefed up by the end of all 4 wheels. some people use aircraft stripper to get rid of the paint, just don't breathe it in. and if you end up doing the whole painting your rims yourself like i did, be safe and usually the general rule is 1 can of primer, paint and clearcoat per wheel. you don't need that much primer though, you can get away with 2 cans, if you even use primer at all.

all in all i spent about 60 bucks on supplies to get my rims the way they are. but as for color, i would recommend a dark graphite color. that would look sick.

hope this helps B)

Yeah that helps alot. Thanks for that. I don't know if I have it into me to paint the rims myself. I would be too afraid to mess it up. How much would it cost for a shop to do it?

what did you have in mind??

Archived