Sign in to follow this  
lookforjoe

1998 V70 Xc From The Beginning... to the End

7 hours ago, Commander Riker said:

H!  Man, nice work as always!  I see the AWD is in your blood, sir.

Curious of your impressions of that AWD setup vs the old XC.

Thank you.

I haven't had bad weather to really check it out yet. The kinds of driving where the AWD shone was on the Parkway I commute on - it's 2 lane greenway divided, and floods really badly on the edge of the fast lane, perfect conditions for telling if the AWD is doing it's job.

In dry driving, it really makes a difference in higher speed ramp driving & long sweeping uphills where you can feel the rear pushing in a good way. I'm really happy with it. Annoying stuff is the software - I haven't got really agressive with it & you do have to remember to turn off the DSTC or you just get front wheel spin. Since I'm relying on Hilton for tuning, I really doubt I will ever go beyond the K16, but you never know....

The X1/9 will be fun, since it's gonna be around 220WHP in a chassis that weighs maybe 2000lbs :)

The funky business with that is I have to raise & lower the car onto the drivetrain, no other way to install it.

IMG-20191024-172610.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2