Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Radio Code For 1996 960

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My buddy's battery died in his 1996 volvo 960 and now his radio says "code". He has what he thought was the radio code, 4325, but all i am getting is EEEE. I have the serial off the top of the radio, which is

V0850-H1129180D

Does anyone know what the code is. The dealer says we need to bring the car to them to have them put the code in.

Posted · Report post

Bump. Anyone.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='macs&volvos' date='04 August 2009 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1249416532' post='1623753']
Bump. Anyone.
[/quote]

Call darrel waltrip volvo.

Posted · Report post

I highly recommend Darell Waltrip for getting the radio code. They did it over the phone for me today and all they needed was the VIN. I called their parts department and they were very friendly about it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='crazykn' date='06 August 2009 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1249596891' post='1624973']
I highly recommend Darell Waltrip for getting the radio code. They did it over the phone for me today and all they needed was the VIN. I called their parts department and they were very friendly about it.
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

What if you already have the code, but tried to input from memory and the result is the radio says "OFF"

I have the 4 digit card, but now cannot even input any digits at all.

Is there a way to reset the radio so that I am able to input ANY digits? I already tried disconnecting the battery overnight both the negative and positive terminals to no avail.

Anyone have an experience like this before?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='earthguy00' date='20 August 2009 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1250824339' post='1633157']
What if you already have the code, but tried to input from memory and the result is the radio says "OFF"

I have the 4 digit card, but now cannot even input any digits at all.

Is there a way to reset the radio so that I am able to input ANY digits? I already tried disconnecting the battery overnight both the negative and positive terminals to no avail.

Anyone have an experience like this before?
[/quote]

yep.

you need to provide the radio with 3 hours of constant power. this requires holding position 1 on the key for 3 hours. the "OFF" will stay lit for 3 hours, then change to "CODE" to allow you to try to re-enter it.

Posted · Report post

You will have three tries before it goes back to off...

If you try with the number you have and it doesn't work...stop. You have the wrong number...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='yangotang' date='21 August 2009 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1250837150' post='1633256']
yep.

you need to provide the radio with 3 hours of constant power. this requires holding position 1 on the key for 3 hours. the "OFF" will stay lit for 3 hours, then change to "CODE" to allow you to try to re-enter it.
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='yangotang' date='21 August 2009 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1250837150' post='1633256']
yep.

[/quote]
Thanks mate. I will give this a go tomorrow and see how it goes as I also recently tried taking the radio fuse out overnight etc. and every case scenario one can think of when doing this.

It's a mild revelation to get at the very least another crack at resolving this rather then take it to Volvo.

THANKS AGAIN for your input.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='earthguy00' date='30 August 2009 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1251669123' post='1638444']
Thanks mate. I will give this a go tomorrow and see how it goes as I also recently tried taking the radio fuse out overnight etc. and every case scenario one can think of when doing this.

It's a mild revelation to get at the very least another crack at resolving this rather then take it to Volvo.

THANKS AGAIN for your input.
[/quote]
Finally got a chance to try another method of leaving the key in the 1 position for several hours and upon leaving it in for a good 6 hours IT WORKED! One shot deal. Never thought I'd miss my music that much after a week.

Thank you again for the advise.

Posted · Report post

help for radio code?

volvo v70 1998

serial: v00690 w5129037d

thk