Sign in to follow this  
lookforjoe

Hussein's 1998 V70 Xr : The Force Awakens

Wow...amazing ...i'm sure those were smooth trouble free kms. F1 could use your expertise...; )

I agree.  If it were residual damage resultant from detonation in the process of tuning or something, that would be more understandable.  But if in fact the break is due to cylinder liner wear, I don't know that the wear would be that accelerated with say an average of double the stock output.

I also put 40k on a car in a year sometimes, so for me it's hard to imagine a properly conceived and clearanced setup like that to just reach end of life at that type of mileage.

It is really hard to believe the problem was bore sizing. We went with Wiseco's spec on that, and the measured wear when I took it apart was not much over that. 

I can see 40K being OK in terms of life span in some situations, however the skirt breakage seems abnormal. I'm planning on sending them up to Trent if my guy has no word from his Wiseco rep.

• Upvote 1

It is really hard to believe the problem was bore sizing. We went with Wiseco's spec on that, and the measured wear when I took it apart was not much over that. 

I can see 40K being OK in terms of life span in some situations, however the skirt breakage seems abnormal. I'm planning on sending them up to Trent if my guy has no word from his Wiseco rep.

Did you post what the clearance was?  

Did you post what the clearance was?  

Specified bore ID per Wiseco was 3.209" (81.5086mm)

After 40k, & broken pistons flapping around, I had wear of .03 - .05mm over specified bore.

Edited by lookforjoe

That's going to be a job a half!

If only you had left your photobucket images, they would now still show.. just with the watermark

3 hours ago, BlackT5 said:

That's going to be a job a half!

If only you had left your photobucket images, they would now still show.. just with the watermark

Yeah, ain't that a bitch :(