Sign in to follow this  
lookforjoe

Hussein's 1998 V70 Xr : The Force Awakens

Very nice!

Are you still going with the TT?

Are you still going with the TT?

Indeed I am. :D It's on it's way to me from CA :)

Nice Hussein, time for a redyno?

Soon.

BTW - my oil smoke on heavy decel came back once I raised boost over 21psi - it only happens when testing, since in normal driving I don't wind it out to 7K in 3rd & then snap the throttle shut :rolleyes:

BTW - my oil smoke on heavy decel came back once I raised boost over 21psi - it only happens when testing, since in normal driving I don't wind it out to 7K in 3rd & then snap the throttle shut :rolleyes:

I would be very careful. My motor does this - and it can sometimes ping pretty bad on hard shifts- like at the drag strip - since you wind it out, snap the throttle shut, shift, and get back on it.

When you snap the throttle shut is sucks a bunch of oil into one or more of the combustion chambers.

In my case it's mostly due to the motor being tired, but I plan on a heavily improved crankcase breather system this winter nonetheless. Oil through the chambers is very bad. Maybe it's just the turbo...

Had the same issue with my 98, valve guides were a bit worn out at 180K. Under heavy over-run the high vacuum level would pull some oil past the guide in to the combustion chamber. More annoying than any thing else.

I would be very careful. My motor does this - and it can sometimes ping pretty bad on hard shifts- like at the drag strip - since you wind it out, snap the throttle shut, shift, and get back on it.

When you snap the throttle shut is sucks a bunch of oil into one or more of the combustion chambers.

In my case it's mostly due to the motor being tired, but I plan on a heavily improved crankcase breather system this winter nonetheless. Oil through the chambers is very bad. Maybe it's just the turbo...

My motor was rebuilt 14K ago, and the turbo is less than a year old, but I'm still assuming it's the turbo, since I still get a fair amount in the piping, etc. :rolleyes: I think a modified breather would be wise.. I don't have any detonation, that I can discern - I've had spark blowout, but no detonation that I've ever felt. Of course, that doesn't mean it hasn't happened on a discreet level, since I'm not testing for it in any way.

Anyhow - I'm off to put my AWD back in, I'm tired of all the wheelspin through third

Datalogging equipment arrived today.... Innovate OT-1 & SSI-4

Put this up under the dash -converts analog signal from AEM Wideband for input into the OT-1

InnovateSSI-4-1.jpg

serial cable from SSI-4 routed under center console & out into armrest storage.... OT-1 connected..

V70XR_0923.jpg

InnovateSSI-4.jpg

tomorrow I have to do some trial datalogging... to evaluate the fuel & ign mapping then I can move onto TurboTuner :D

Looking Good...Did you go back to AWD?

I did indeed. No more unwanted wheelspin/torquesteer :D

• Upvote 1

1) OT-1 doesn't work - no "vehicle" light - it's not drawing ECU data. :( Tried with & w/o SSI-4 connected. LCM Programmer does not see any connected devices via USB/serial adaptor (OT-1).

So, no datalogging.

2) TT ECU sets a CEL P0605 (ECU RAM error). Map Trace feature disabled.

Basically a shit weekend. :blink:

On the upside, Adam @ TT is great to deal with, responds REALLY promptly, and is taking care of it, BUT, it still means I won't have a working TT setup for a couple of weeks, maybe longer.

1) OT-1 doesn't work - no "vehicle" light - it's not drawing ECU data. :( Tried with & w/o SSI-4 connected. LCM Programmer does not see any connected devices via USB/serial adaptor (OT-1).

So, no datalogging.

2) TT ECU sets a CEL P0605 (ECU RAM error). Map Trace feature disabled.

Basically a stuff weekend. :blink:

On the upside, Adam @ TT is great to deal with, responds REALLY promptly, and is taking care of it, BUT, it still means I won't have a working TT setup for a couple of weeks, maybe longer.

What a buzzkill...

On a lighter note, how do you like the AWD with all that power?

Feel snappier? Or less so just more balanced?

What a buzzkill...

On a lighter note, how do you like the AWD with all that power?

Feel snappier? Or less so just more balanced?

The AWD just makes it more balanced, I don't have to worry about jumping into the adjacent lane just because I romped on it :lol:

Not snappier, FWD is definitely snappier :D The weather here has gone to shit, and I wouldn't want to be field-testing a modified tune in FWD mode.

The AWD just makes it more balanced, I don't have to worry about jumping into the adjacent lane just because I romped on it :lol:

Not snappier, FWD is definitely snappier :D The weather here has gone to stuff, and I wouldn't want to be field-testing a modified tune in FWD mode.

I tottally feel you!

Ive seen your videos and DAM your car hauls @SS bro! Your car looks like it wants to throw you into the next lane of traffic

A lot of people on here look up to your build and are really appreciative of the information you bring to the VolvoSpeed community

Not me though...jk :lol:

Well good luck, and dont be droppin the clutch at 600000rpms anymore!:P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4