Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dougy

Lowering My Rear Suspention

drop is an inch which is what I want...result is far superior handling than with 850 HD bilstien shocks which i just took off and IPd rear springs or Kaplhenkes rear adjustable coils...total cost 100$ for both of my 850s.

img1147t.th.jpg

Bump stops from 740/760/940 which pop in place just like in 740/940...i do need a longer ones from 740/940 wagon.

img1141l.th.jpg

Shocks thick HD bilstien from Jaguar XJ6 late 80's early 90's...got lucky at local JY they were like new AT 6$ each

img1139f.th.jpg

Coils from mid 80s to early 90s Jauguar XJ6

img1138o.th.jpg

Home made upper mount...Upper base plate original 850, welded to 240 hub which i took apart from original base and top has the original 240 rubber ring and inside 2 inch washer which welded to 2 1/4 thick pipe which is welded to the base so it does not colapse when or if the bumpstop bottoms out...it never will.

img1134f.th.jpg

bottom base plate is a metal support ring which is original from jaguar shock assembly..and metal bump stopper is original 850 which is the one that holds the 850 coil in place

img1142em.th.jpg

how the hell did you come up with this idea? direct bolt in other than modifying the upper mount? nice work! :tup:

Nice work!!

Thank you. :)

how the hell did you come up with this idea? direct bolt in other than modifying the upper mount? nice work! :tup:

Thank you. :) ..Going to junk yards for many years and working on BMW's,MB'S,Jaguars,Saabs and Volvo's in late 80's and early 90's and the 240 base ideas came from "Ben" Kaplan From Kaplhenke racing...but it was not flat enough and did not hold/support the bump stop which i wanted on top so i chopped it up and modified it a bit.

Nice!

Very well executed & professional! :)

Nice!

thank you Hussein.

:tup: for creativity, any clue as to the spring rate?, does it feel balanced?

Nice!

Agreed. Good work :tup:

:tup: for creativity, any clue as to the spring rate?, does it feel balanced?

thanks...i tried to google for spring rate without any luck so far...but they are at least 350...as far as balance of the cars...going by feel of before and after, it feels in perfect balance with IPd front springs and that was the main reason why I started this project cause I was tired of the carriage ride of rear IPd springs and taking sharp turns being just all aver the place...on my other 850 with front Kaplhenkes double Koni coilovers / adjustable rear spring i was tired of noise every time i went over bumps or driving quick up my driveway and everything just felt loose/noisy and now with front coilovers they too feel in balance as well but i found another set of jaguar shocks (not bilstein like in pics) that were like new that I will try to swap with double adjustable rear konis to see if feels even better.I am confident to say it feel waaaay better than before and to prove that...here it goes. :)

will ship it anywhere in US.

2 rear HD bilstein shocks 2 month old "like new" - 140$ to your door.

IPd 2 rear springs less than year old 80$ to your door.

Kaplhenkes 2 rear eibach coils (350 pounds) and adjustable hubs -130$ to your door.

and I might have rear double adjustable KONIS soon as well.

Agreed. Good work :tup:

Thanks ;)

Yop, I will be getting rid of my double adjustable rear konis as well...the main part of this set up being a better ride/performance that what I had before are not only the springs but shock as well(they are a beast)...if anyone decides to try these I would only recommend using them on a lowered car cause Jaguar shocks are about 3/4 of an inch shorter in overall body length and you have to get an extra nut and washer so you can tighten them as high/close to top as possible to get that 3/4 of an inch...also if you find good ones at the JY like I did find 2 perfect sets(now that’s just lucky) good luck taking it apart...(bring cordless eclectic impact)

also lower part of jaguar shock that bolts in is wider and hole is bigger but just slide it in and tighten it up...once you do that it is like it was meant to be there bottom base of the stud is the same width as the inter diameter of the jaguar shock.