Waste Gate

PB blaster? hammer? heat? sand blaster?

what have you tried? use a hammer and take out your TB banning you aggression on the flapper, but don't forget to use a piece of wood to not damage anything

Dayum.. Thanks for the 411.. Im scared Im gonna F' it up.. but O well.. Ya think I should get a new turbo housing ?

PB blaster...soak it for a few hours....

some rubber mallet hits after that might free it up....or hammer on wood like stated above.

Ive thought about that.. but it was a passing thought.. Or maybe seeing its works half-azz, I prob should leave it alone huh ..

sorta on topic but... is i had a hard time getting the lock nut loose from the adjustable part. I already removed the pin and it popped up off the wastegate. i spun the entire actuator rod, A) is this suposed to spin. B) is it bad if it spun? haha

Dayum.. Thanks for the 411.. Im scared Im gonna F' it up.. but O well.. Ya think I should get a new turbo housing ?

Ive thought about that.. but it was a passing thought.. Or maybe seeing its works half-azz, I prob should leave it alone huh ..

it's hard to mess it up... it's pretty strong. just don't attempt to bend anything and you should be okay. obviously you should be going in the way it's supposed to open, not just randomly hitting it. I don't think you need a new turbine housing, unless you find yours is SERIOUSLY cracked.

wood and a hammer is usually my favorite tool. If it's still really tough to open, heat it up with torch until it gets pretty warm, then lightly tap it to see if it moves. you might want to hit it harder while it's hot, just be sure to not catch anything on fire with wood or melt your rubber mallet everywhere.

sorta on topic but... is i had a hard time getting the lock nut loose from the adjustable part. I already removed the pin and it popped up off the wastegate. i spun the entire actuator rod, A) is this suposed to spin. B) is it bad if it spun? haha

I wouldn't spin it, but it will spin within the actuator housing. it's supposed to spin to align/seat correctly on the wastegate flapper. Just don't sit there and spin it and you should be fine. If you need to adjust, loosen the nut, then make the adjustment, and then retighten the nut against the end.

I didnt intend on spinning it within the housing. I was just dumb and removed the cotter pin before i loosened the nut, so when i got the wrench on the lock nut and began to spin it popped off the wastegate. thats when it spun. it went maybe 30* rotation. Luckly when i did my first adjustment of the wastegate i actually marked the rod itself to make sure everything was aligned. I spun the whole are back to there the line mated up with the wastegate pin thing. Reinstalled the cotter pin, loosened lock nut, undid 1 full turn then your typical reinstall crap. Ive been having boost spiking issues like 19-20+ psi when i romp on it. The wastegate was set to 3.7lbs prior to a tune. I have HD TCV, SR5T intake, 3" dp, test pipe no cat, 2.5 (all obx) and now the IPD 15psi tune. After noticing spiking i reset the wastegate to 2.7lbs but each car is different ive been told and after tuning you sometimes have to "detune" the wastegate to eliminate the spiking. Lucky and i have discussed various things to reduce the spikes & we are working on a perfect solution (not MBC or BOV related) to resolve it. After checking the pressure of the wastegate again today i will disco the battery, and re-learn the TCV. I didnt have a pressure pump yesterday so i just did a 1-turn down. Lucky mentioned that each full revolution is roughly .5 lb i think. hopefully this will keep my initial spike of boost below 17psi cause i dont like romping on it and getting ~20psi when im tuned for 15

Archived