beasters

How Your Car Sits

Guess I'm going to give up on having build threads here since they keep getting locked (wtf?)......but anyway, more progress on my dad's T5 SE this weekend!  Painted the bumpers and wing last weekend, sand, polish and install this weekend.  Well, we didn't sand/polish the rear yet but we had to put it back on immediately since my dad's DDing this while I'm DDing his '99 (apparently people like to break into cars at my new job so I'm definitely not taking anything nice there :angry:......thank god it's only a temp job and I'll never have to set foot there again after next month!!!).

Hopefully he will be picking up his new wheels next weekend so I can have my Volans back :biggrin:

37658283254_1ca275e450_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

Getting cozy garage time while installing a snaab fmic. 

20171110_230730.jpg

20171111_103548.jpg

20171112_221802.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/12/2017 at 9:36 PM, JaredR1 said:

Guess I'm going to give up on having build threads here since they keep getting locked (wtf?)......but anyway, more progress on my dad's T5 SE this weekend!  Painted the bumpers and wing last weekend, sand, polish and install this weekend.  Well, we didn't sand/polish the rear yet but we had to put it back on immediately since my dad's DDing this while I'm DDing his '99 (apparently people like to break into cars at my new job so I'm definitely not taking anything nice there :angry:......thank god it's only a temp job and I'll never have to set foot there again after next month!!!).

Hopefully he will be picking up his new wheels next weekend so I can have my Volans back :biggrin:

Message a green-level moderator and they can unlock your threads! 

The V70 looks sweet on volans. What'd your dad buy for it, looks like Atlantis wheels in your photo on swedespeed?

6 hours ago, sventastic said:

Message a green-level moderator and they can unlock your threads! 

The V70 looks sweet on volans. What'd your dad buy for it, looks like Atlantis wheels in your photo on swedespeed?

Nope, not Atlantis.   We'd never be able to run 18s with the condition of the roads around here.  They are way cooler than Atlantis, too.

15 hours ago, JaredR1 said:

Nope, not Atlantis.   We'd never be able to run 18s with the condition of the roads around here.  They are way cooler than Atlantis, too.

Ah, I see it now, 17" Nebulas. I didn't realize the Neptunes were only 18"

4 hours ago, sventastic said:

Ah, I see it now, 17" Nebulas. I didn't realize the Neptunes were only 18"

You got it!  Neptunes are 17" though (did you mean Atlantis?).

1 hour ago, JaredR1 said:

You got it!  Neptunes are 17" though (did you mean Atlantis?).

Yeah definitely meant Atlantis, I started mixing names up as I was checking IPD's wheel name list back and forth haha. When are the Nebulas going on?

3 hours ago, sventastic said:

Yeah definitely meant Atlantis, I started mixing names up as I was checking IPD's wheel name list back and forth haha. When are the Nebulas going on?

They're going on my dad's T5 SE.  The Volans are mine and I bought the zLines on them for my R; they're just on loan to him since the Continental ControlContact Touring AS it came with were scary af and he needed something safe until we found some appropriately special wheels for this car.  Not like I'm driving my R much these days so no point in putting decent tires on that.  I'm probably going to set up a cool photo shoot this weekend with all the turbo cars and then let it sit on the Perfos from the T5 SE for the winter since I'm about to sell the ControlContact Sport AS that the R came with..........for $60 less than I paid for the zLines LOL.

Got the Nebs on the T5 SE yesterday.  Looks sick.  I think my dad has a cooler car than me now.  Not sure what I am going to do about this yet lol.  Getting the Öhlins and M66D swap happening in my R seems to be the best solution, though.

24660387048_954ff6372a_h.jpg

Washed and waxed all the turbo cars today and then did a photoshoot.  The R is done for the year, gonna try to get the T-5R out a couple more times but the weather will have to be perfect since it's tucked away in its building and I'm not washing it again until the spring, so it might be done, too.  We'll keep the T5 SE out until the salt hits the streets.  Not sure what we are going to do if I still have a job I have to drive to at that point though.

24659600558_03698d4b88_h.jpg

Oh had some friends crash the photoshoot too.

37645215955_a367989c03_h.jpg

Edited by JaredR1
  • Like 1

Nebulas come in 18" only. If those wheels are 17" then they are replicas. 

11 hours ago, Oreo931 said:

Nebulas come in 18" only. If those wheels are 17" then they are replicas. 

Correct.  Made in Italy.

Mike, are you/your son going to fix the S70?

5 hours ago, tuner4life said:

IMG_0267_zpsiwuhpfou.jpg

You need a better backdrop for your awesome saffron..  :cool: