beasters

How Your Car Sits

14 hours ago, JoshV70 said:

Nephew just picked up this 99 V70R so we spent this week cleaning and fixing it up.  I convinced him to get some TME springs and Nebulas for it, too.  Also has the OEM dual exhaust which has a nice burble to it.  

43051556335_190f4fbb61_c.jpg

That's gorgeous. Looks perfect with the e-code turns. Miles?

23 hours ago, Oreo931 said:

That's gorgeous. Looks perfect with the e-code turns. Miles?

Yeah, it turned out pretty nice!  It has approximately 140k on it, but hasn't really been driven in the past 5 years.  Hoping my nephew can keep it in similar condition...

• Upvote 1

She’s a dirty girl right now - really needs a bath - but still looks great. Driving while the S70 is up on jack stands as I overhaul the brakes.

B3450F6B-C74F-46A2-9908-F5B5F0EF2ED1.jpeg

• Upvote 3

iphone 2 shot? ^^ just kidding :biggrin:

such a pretty car and timeless design!

• Upvote 1

Said goodbye to the R on Friday. Didn't want a car payment anymore and wanted a wagon. Couldn't find any halfway decent P80 wagons around here so got this instead. 05 325iT. Trunk is a few inches shorter than than the R but the backseat is significantly bigger which is important with 2 car seats. 

20180818_235747.jpg

8 hours ago, gilber33 said:

Said goodbye to the R on Friday. Didn't want a car payment anymore and wanted a wagon. Couldn't find any halfway decent P80 wagons around here so got this instead. 05 325iT. Trunk is a few inches shorter than than the R but the backseat is significantly bigger which is important with 2 car seats. 

20180818_235747.jpg

Come buy mine lol

12 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

E46 has a bigger back seat than a P80? That's interesting. My dad has an E39 touring and that back seat is TIGHT!

Bigger than the R I said. Not sure about the P80. 

Actually, we had the car seats in my 850 for a bit and the E46 back seat is bigger than that. So yes, the back seat also has more room than the p80. Not as wide, but longer.  

4 hours ago, gilber33 said:

Bigger than the R I said. Not sure about the P80. 

Actually, we had the car seats in my 850 for a bit and the E46 back seat is bigger than that. So yes, the back seat also has more room than the p80. Not as wide, but longer.  

Ah, gotcha.

Impressive though!

13 hours ago, sventastic said:

Bye-bye pinstripes and IPD decal from the PO. Helloooooo beautiful

FX7sKOQ.jpg

PG80cIP.jpg

FgJBQg8.jpg

ig3AT2x.jpg

MsYZvxS.jpg

Gotta love a clean red R!

I also got rid of the pinstripes on my R. However, they were underneath the clearcoat. 

30482438308_a0c1915660_b.jpg

Between the repairs I had done in June and the last week,  the whole wagon has been given a fresh coat of Venetian Red. I’ll post more details in my build thread soon. 

• Upvote 5