Sign in to follow this  
beasters

How Your Car Sits

Finally after two days, it's not shocking, it's just different, and I think it be cool, and the light effect is excellent... :tup:

• Upvote 1

I know it's not everybody favorite color, style etc,,,that's cool, just something I wanted to try on my car. I still haven't pealed the trims back to black, I kinda like it body matched, at least for a bit since I can peel them at any point. Somebody asked about it covering dents or nicks, it does cover some light scratches but not as much as you would think, the film is thin enough to show any obvious damage that was there before dipping.

Some more pics in different light:

IMAG0309.jpg

You know that shit can eat your paint off, right?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

This is the extra wide parking spot at my school that I steal every morning to prevent door dings (:

2012_10_08_08_44_00_443_1.jpg

• Upvote 9

^ I do the same thing, except its the hash lines in the two-small spot at work

Door dings SUCK. And so do super small parking spots.

Too light IMHO, it looks too much like primer for me. But I'm not disliking it, I'm glad someone tried it and executed the thing well. Ironically, I think a different grill would flow better. Car looks stealth and almost like a p-chop, it's cool.

Thanks, yeah I had no clue it how it actually come out, pleasantly surprised, now to see how it holds up. Nice part is it's cheap enough to do again in 6 months and try a new color.

Finally after two days, it's not shocking, it's just different, and I think it be cool, and the light effect is excellent... :tup:

Thanks, took me some getting used to as well, had to let the shock factor wear off and then it grows on you.

You know that stuff can eat your paint off, right?

I'm not aware of any problems with Dip on oem paint, can you please share what you know? Links? Thanks!

I have seen people damage the paint under dip by using 3,000psi power washers with brick cleaning tips but that's not the dip's fault. I have also seen people ruin their paint by improperly removing vinyl but I don't assume that's the vinyls fault.

Only real chemical reaction type problem I have actually heard of was when Dip was used on a fresh DIY BC/CC recoat that hadn't degassed enough and the dip pulled the clearcoat. That's why they reccomend Dipping only good condition OEM paints, as it's hard to predict anything with repaints depending on all the variables.

CBD5C718-0312-42AC-9C88-F19BB79DD7BB-108

go the R design kit on this weekend

Needs an exhaust with more aggressive tips. And low of course. :)

• Upvote 1

one step at a time god damn it!!

NEEDS MOAR STEPS AT ONCE! :tup:

• Upvote 1

You know that stuff can eat your paint off, right?

Any follow up to this?? I have been searching and can't find any examples of Dip "eating paint off" of anything. Do you have links or can you point me in the direction where you saw this? Or just rumors being repeated? I know there is a misinformation campaign out there amongst the vinyl shops who are losing cash to Dip......

I'm not a fan of the stuff but I think that anyone who ends up with damage probably did something wrong and it's therefor not the products fault.

There's several people down here in Arizona where the sun destroys paint and they haven't had a problem after removal. Despite the fact that the UV light is eating away at the PlastiDip AND the paint underneath.

Also curious to know if plastidip eats the paint, havent heard that.

@V :lol: Id do the same dam thing if I could.

Also curious to know if plastidip eats the paint, havent heard that.

@V :lol: Id do the same dam thing if I could.

Some jerk has been taking that spot the last couple mornings though :glare:

Good thing at my school there are also giant parallel curb spots!

The lame thing is that parking lot is filled with lots of old beaters including a TON of 240s but they're all in sad condition and I know their drivers would've care if they "accidentally" swung their door open too hard! Makes me wish I could fix and restore each and every one of those cute 240s though... :wub: