Sign in to follow this  
beasters

How Your Car Sits

Thanks! Its getting close to being "finished" haha.

Thanks! Its getting close to being "finished" 

Finished? Never.

IMG_0321_zpsgfgy3xh5.jpg

• Upvote 9

Finished? Never.

​That's why I said "finished" haha. It's just getting to the point where I'm not having to mess with too many things now. There is always more that can be done!

Intake and exhaust, trust me. Be prepared to see unbelievable gas mileage. 

Intake and exhaust, trust me. Be prepared to see unbelievable gas mileage. 

What's the best place for that stuff? I haven't looked too hard, but from the searching I did, there isn't a lot for these. 

DO88 makes silicone if you're looking for that

I think REMUS made a system, someone on here had a OEM sport muffler setup for sale for a X40

What's the best place for that stuff? I haven't looked too hard, but from the searching I did, there isn't a lot for these. 

​Volvo offered exhaust bits if you want to stay with OEM parts. Catback sports exhaust for S/V40 with turbo engine or rear sports muffler for non turbo / diesel cars.

Made by REMUS these parts were available from the accessory catalogue. Volvo claimed gains of +4 bhp (catback) and +2,5 bhp (rear muffler).

DO88 makes silicone if you're looking for that

I think REMUS made a system, someone on here had a OEM sport muffler setup for sale for a X40

Shut up Kevin, you know nothing.

Unfortunately most stuff for these cars needs to be custom. However, being one of the more handy members here it shouldn't be an issue for you.

I had a custom exhaust made, 3" DP to 2.5" catback. Then I made the intake pipe myself and threw a spectre cone filter on it with a custom heat shield I took off of a (believe it or not) aftermarket intake system for a Cobalt SS. Just get creative with that stuff, but those two things alone will make you very happy.

PSA:

Timo knows everything. Never offer advice about anything unless it has been approved by the godly Timo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Remus.JPG

Catback is for turbo's, the rear muffler only (dual tip) is for the non turbo's in Europe.

• Upvote 3

PSA:

Timo knows everything. Never offer advice about anything unless it has been approved by the godly Timo.

Correct. 

http://nordicturbo.nl/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/Remus.JPG

Catback is for turbo's, the rear muffler only (dual tip) is for the non turbo's in Europe.

For whatever reason I remember these being pretty difficult to get into the states. I know EST made a nice catback for these also, not sure if they still do.

• Upvote 1