Sign in to follow this  
beasters

How Your Car Sits

It's the 1.8t. Base model. Buts it's a great car so far. And aweome gas mileage. 

We're at 3. I sold the S80 Monday at lunch and bought this a few hours later. So, the XC60 for Katherine and then I have this and the 940 (which is getting reworked right now).

• Upvote 1

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I was right.  6 months and the S80 is gone.

BUT!, this is one I did not sell out of boredom or for the fun of it. If I could have kept it, I would have. I bought that before we knew what our plans are. The S80 will be one I fully miss. But, I wanted the bigger financial cushion. 

Hey man, family problems.  Welcome to my life. :wink:

5 hours ago, gilber33 said:

Well, as you know, Katherine hasn't been feeling well lately, real tired, sore back, been getting fat, etc. Looking ahead to August and anticipating some additional expenses in our life related to her current condition, I needed something without a car payment and more room. 

If you're trying to improve your financial situation, you should have bought an Acura.

• Upvote 9

Just now, Oreo931 said:

If you're trying to improve your financial situation, you should have bought an Acura.

I tried, but was denied financing when the background checks came back without any DWIs. 

• Upvote 5

I have a coworker who modifies and races VWs who just sold his wagon (similar to yours) if you're interested in any lowering or go fast parts.

2 minutes ago, Burn-E said:

I have a coworker who modifies and races VWs who just sold his wagon (similar to yours) if you're interested in any lowering or go fast parts.

Thanks, but my money is going towards finishing the 940 and I think I'm going to leave this alone until the little bit I owe on it is paid off.

Springs and wheels eventually though. 

7 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

Famous last words.

Eh, it changes when a kid comes along.

21 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

Famous last words.

I have two wagons: utility and fun.

There's no need to stick money into the passat. Springs and wheels MAYBE. But, it's a family hauler. 

I guess after you've driven a tuned T5 and a P2R, a 1.8T 4cyl really isn't motivating to tinker with. Touche.

Don't get me wrong, I bet it would be very easy to modify this wagon to be quicker than the P2R was. But I can't. I kinda want to...but I can't. 

Also, the 940 is just a little 4 cylinder, granted 2.3, but with a k24, exhaust, intake, and chips it's quicker than the R was. 

Oh for sure the 940 can be a beast, I've just never really seen anything impressive done with the 1.8T VAG motor. Maybe because they're preoccupied with stretch and poking everything. Including each other.