How Your Car Sits

beasters

22 hours ago, Mesoam said:

How has this car been? Any problems? Things you like/dont?

The car is doing great. Problems so far are the TPMS system, not solved, and a clicking noise from a driveshaft which has been solved for the time being. Looks like the driveshaft came loose in the hub. No clicking for the last 1000 or so miles. 

What I didn't like from the start and what hasn't changed is the torque curve of the engine. There is a lot of torque available up to ~5K rpm after which the power winds down to fast for my liking. Compared to the IS-F I drove before this was a bit of a let down. The car is fast up to ~100 MPH. After that it is an average performer. 

Roadholding is perfect though. Maybe a contributing factor for the power experience because the suspension is more capable than the engine can deliver. 

Gearbox is better than expected. D-mode maybe a bit to slushy but at least it is predictable unlike the older GT's. The manual mode is aggressive and very direct for a GT. 

Another problem for the '15 V60P-6 is the '17 S60P-4.. That car is more sporty. Maybe a bit down on low end torque feel but not slower. Keeps going to redline which is thrilling. Up to 125 mph not much slower compared to the IS-F and about one and a half second faster compared to the V60P.  The 8-speed gearbox is perfect. 

• Upvote 1

More pics/info on that GVR4. Another member here has a RHD one that I've driven and I gotta say, what a blast.

Most of the info is here. http://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/1991-mitsubishi-galant-vr4-476-2000-aka-edward.11802/ I think it's up to date. 

http://i.imgur.com/Ab6U682.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nGSlqvC.jpg

O8G71OY.jpg

On 9/18/2016 at 11:14 AM, Timbo Slice said:

More pics/info on that GVR4. Another member here has a RHD one that I've driven and I gotta say, what a blast.

It's a blast, scary fast, but I don't enjoy it too much. It loves chewing and gnawing transmissions. :( I actually enjoy driving my stock S70 more now....haha. :)

Edited by diambo4life

36 minutes ago, diambo4life said:

It loves chewing and gnawing transmissions. :( I actually enjoy driving my stock S70 more now....haha. :)

Which is one of the reason for me sticking with a 20G. Plus $$$$. 
A P80 is for sure more comfortable dailying. 

10 hours ago, Mesoam said:

Thanks for the info, do you suspect some ECU/engine tuning could help the power? 

Well.. Afaik there are a few things going reaching numbers near 570Nm and ~380 HP but I am not a a believer. The torque is OK, don't think there is a real gain to be had above 5500 RPM with the stock turbo.