Sign in to follow this  
beasters

How Your Car Sits

3 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

If it's just the head, I actually may! Still not sure yet.

I'm almost certain it burned a valve, given compression of the rest of the cylinders, but I'm going to do a wet compression test cyl #4 (totally about that) and a leakdown just to confirm (I've never done this before so I'll have to do some research). If I have to swap in a motor... I'm not sure whether to go with an RN or just another one of the same.

Decisions decisions, but as odd as it sounds, I'm kinda looking forward to the job. If anything, it showed to me what the weak point was and I can improve on it for the next season, especially if motorsports is going to happen more often... and at least it went out in a cool way. :laugh: It can only get stronger from here.

Can't wait to see the "while I'm in here I might as well." 

Edited by fivex84
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, fivex84 said:

Can't wait to see the "while I'm in here I might as well." 

Funny story on that... I'm already thinking of replacing the turbo too since my 15G has high miles... and also looking at NA intake manifold with a 960 TB. :laugh:

45 minutes ago, fivex84 said:

Might as well put in some NA cams while you're at huh? :laugh:

I messaged him immediately after seeing his post saying exactly this. :laugh:

On 10/2/2017 at 3:53 PM, RBoy8 said:

Funny story on that... I'm already thinking of replacing the turbo too since my 15G has high miles... and also looking at NA intake manifold with a 960 TB. :laugh:

Wow, the mileage that motor has on it is next level...hoping you have some fun with the rebuild and turn that car into a monster for another 400,000KM!

33 minutes ago, ruecatinat said:

Wow, the mileage that motor has on it is next level...hoping you have some fun with the rebuild and turn that car into a monster for another 400,000KM!

I'm excited to see how it'll be after I fix everything. The 4th cylinder was always on the lower side, so I figured it was only a matter of time. Last year when I checked, it was somewhere in between 135-140. Even with that, it pulled hard so I can only imagine how it'll feel once compressions is back to even across the board.

The wrecker by Daren and I has an '97 manual NA 850, and a '98 S90................ so tempted to run over and grab the cams, intake manifold, and TB plate... that transmission would be nice too. lol

2 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

I'm excited to see how it'll be after I fix everything. The 4th cylinder was always on the lower side, so I figured it was only a matter of time. Last year when I checked, it was somewhere in between 135-140. Even with that, it pulled hard so I can only imagine how it'll feel once compressions is back to even across the board.

The wrecker by Daren and I has an '97 manual NA 850, and a '98 S90................ so tempted to run over and grab the cams, intake manifold, and TB plate... that transmission would be nice too. lol

Wonder if that's my old car (the 850)

If you want parts from my S70 we can work something out I'm about to put it up for sale again but you have first shot if you want the whole thing or even bits and pieces - I was keeping it until our dieselgate VW went in but we found a car to replace it quick so I never put it back on the road

31 minutes ago, ruecatinat said:

Wonder if that's my old car (the 850)

If you want parts from my S70 we can work something out I'm about to put it up for sale again but you have first shot if you want the whole thing or even bits and pieces - I was keeping it until our dieselgate VW went in but we found a car to replace it quick so I never put it back on the road

Was yours cloth seats, with a $400 asking price written on a piece of cardboard?

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

Was yours cloth seats, with a $400 asking price written on a piece of cardboard?

Cloth seats, yeah, but it was an insurance write-off because I rear-ended someone in October 2014...probably not the same car.

I was thinking you'd stumbled across it in a big yard

Lurking at my parents place yesterday 

23731194928_1816d86fbb_b.jpg

• Upvote 2

Drove it into a pile of leaves while sipping on a saffron infused pumpkin spice latte.

24017472628_558916515e_b.jpg

37160421014_dff0791cce_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Were you wearing a pair of brown Uggs too while you were at it, Daren?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RBoy8 said:

Were you wearing a pair of brown Uggs too while you were at it, Daren?

Is this even a question?

Of course I was. My favourite TNAs and Victoria's Secret Pink hoodie too.

• Upvote 1