How Your Car Sits

12 minutes ago, RedCar850R said:

I don't have as impressive a fleet 

I disagree with this statement 

I wish my 850 looked nearly as good!

7 minutes ago, Brad850 said:

I disagree with this statement 

I wish my 850 looked nearly as good!

Thanks!! Appreciate the comment. They all need work but do look decent from 5 feet away.

On 11/20/2017 at 5:29 PM, JaredR1 said:

Correct.  Made in Italy.

Me too! The 780's are Swedish cars - Made in Italy.

1 hour ago, gdog said:

You need a better backdrop for your awesome saffron..  :cool:

Thanks! This better? 😋

IMG_0214_zps1hlwmyry.jpg

Edited by tuner4life
  • Upvote 1

chuck-says-thatll-do-nicely.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RedCar850R said:

Damn very nice wagons!! And nice wheels. I don't have as impressive a fleet or photography skills... 

You have a factory manual 850R.  That's pretty cool.  I am jealous of the Cosworth 190E too......what's it like compared to the R?  I have one of those in my dream garage but I've never been in one in reality so I'm not sure if it should be in my dream garage lol.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:29 PM, JaredR1 said:

You have a factory manual 850R.  That's pretty cool.  I am jealous of the Cosworth 190E too......what's it like compared to the R?  I have one of those in my dream garage but I've never been in one in reality so I'm not sure if it should be in my dream garage lol.

Few years ago I was going to buy a silver 850 awd WAGON with the M58. Luckily when I called it was already sold. Then the 850R /w M59 came up. I guess we are lucky in Canada for the slight differences in some models.

I just drove the Mercedes over the weekend 105km trip. So much different driving a non-turbo car. Very satisfying to drive, especially staying in the 4000-7000 rpm rev range going some hills. Nice and smooth, good on the hwy. In Vancouver weather the monowiper is amazing. Although about half the power it is surprisingly quick off the line. Body rolls quite a lot in comparison. 190e is much more compact making the 850 feel a little chunky. I guess I have a thing for boxy sport sedans.

I've been fortunate to be able to have my dream garage... Now just have to manage maintenance costs (x3) and finding parking all the time.

Edited by RedCar850R

On 12/4/2017 at 1:16 PM, RedCar850R said:

Few years ago I was going to buy a silver 850 awd WAGON with the M58. Luckily when I called it was already sold. Then the 850R /w M59 came up. I guess we are lucky in Canada for the slight differences in some models.

I just drove the Mercedes over the weekend 105km trip. So much different driving a non-turbo car. Very satisfying to drive, especially staying in the 4000-7000 rpm rev range going some hills. Nice and smooth, good on the hwy. In Vancouver weather the monowiper is amazing. Although about half the power it is surprisingly quick off the line. Body rolls quite a lot in comparison. 190e is much more compact making the 850 feel a little chunky. I guess I have a thing for boxy sport sedans.

I've been fortunate to be able to have my dream garage... Now just have to manage maintenance costs (x3) and finding parking all the time.

Was that M58 850 wagon the one on Vancouver craigslist way back when? I remember that car, I really wanted it at the time... Where did you end up finding your 850R?

3 minutes ago, sventastic said:

Was that M58 850 wagon the one on Vancouver craigslist way back when? I remember that car, I really wanted it at the time... Where did you end up finding your 850R?

Yes, it was definitely right around that time; way back when, on craigslist. Hey maybe this is the same one with a blown engine... https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/1997-volvo-850-awd/6380942000.html  

Found 850 in Langley. Previous owner had put the forged rods and stainless exhaust in... Luckily he had kids and a wife pressuring him to sell the car

12 minutes ago, RedCar850R said:

Yes, it was definitely right around that time; way back when, on craigslist. Hey maybe this is the same one with a blown engine... https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/d/1997-volvo-850-awd/6380942000.html  

Found 850 in Langley. Previous owner had put the forged rods and stainless exhaust in... Luckily he had kids and a wife pressuring him to sell the car

I've thought the same thing, it definitely could be the same one! Shame it didn't last much longer though. I think it was originally up for $4000 in 2014

His loss and your gain that's on the 850R that's for sure, especially with all the upgrades. Such a rare find around here! I think I remember seeing your R on Craigslist if it was ever on there, but it was gone pretty quick. It seems only 1 or 2 decent Rs come up for sale per year, and 1 or 2 trashed ones haha

Edited by sventastic

Meanwhile down in Va,  a saffron setback.  Fixable, but what an ass chapper. 98923762-A01A-4F3D-A74C-16015B92517D.thumb.jpeg.dd29516aa4924727695d12d6791a883f.jpeg

Everyone ok AJ??

1 hour ago, andyb5 said:

Everyone ok AJ??

Everyone but the stripper he ran into

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1